- Manufacturing and tooling, Product Design
- Calamba - Philippines
The ‘Operations Team’ is responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of new products and technologies into mass manufacture and to manage the ongoing production. This covers the early interaction with product development teams through to the purchase of relevant equipment and tooling in order to ensure product quality, reliability and output is achieved. Once in production the team is responsible for maintaining the high standards of Dyson products on a daily basis. Current manufacturing volume is circa 7 million units per annum, with every product needing to be made to the same high standard.
- Provide strong technical leadership in managing Process Engineering, Product Engineering, Equipment and Maintenance Engineering and New Production Introduction.
- Drive Process and Product Management relative to process control, yield improvement, scrap reduction, process optimization and product management.
- Lead Equipment and Maintenance function to provide effective equipment and maintenance support relative to equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, spares management and equipment setup and qualification.
- Manage New Product Introduction with the Research, Design and Development (RDD) team. Ensure effective new product transfer, release to production and volume ramp.
- Work with Research, Design and Development (RDD) team on product/process improvement following new product transfer.
- Manage equipment suppliers relative to project management, equipment service support and equipment supplier management.
- Develop engineering competencies of team to meet engineering, operational and business requirements.
- Minimum 10 years of engineering management experience with core competencies in the area of Process and Product Engineering; Equipment and Maintenance Engineering and New Product Introduction.
- Degree/Post Graduate Degree in Mechanical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Significant engineering experience with high- volume operations in a highly automated, robotic intensive and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated track record of significant engineering accomplishments, particularly in the areas of automation, product/process and maintenance management.
- Multi-national corporations work exposure with strong ability to work with regional and headquarter team for results.
- Strong leadership, drive, execution and problem solving abilities to meet engineering, operational and business goals.
- Strong ability to lead team and influence for results across organization.
- Six-Sigma black belt certification with extensive experience in TPM, Kepner Tregoe and DFM methodologies.