- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do.
The Financial Control Team is the core finance business partners for Dyson’s RDD & OPS functions. The team work with these functions on financial planning and analysis, management reporting, process and systems controls to assist them in delivering key operation objectives. The team also oversees the financial control environment of Dyson’s in house manufacturing business which has operations across multiple countries. The team’s goal is to develop and maintain a flexible and collaborative working relationship with the stakeholders to achieve all common objectives while at the same time maintain a highly effective control environment of the RDD & OPS organisation.
About the roleThe Head of Finance – Financial Control leads this team in business partnering with the RDD & OPS, In House Manufacturing, and Support functions within Dyson RDD & OPS areas. The incumbent will set the direction for the team to support the respective stakeholders in the development and achievement of their budgets. The role will also be actively involved in guiding the business in their respective goals and strategies including various growth and expansion initiatives.
The role is part of the leadership team of the Ops, RDD and Category Finance Function. This role allows the incumbent a great opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of Dyson’s RDD & OPS business. It is a highly visible position in the Dyson RDD& OPS organisation and play a key role in the shaping of the financials and overall cost of innovation and cost of production of Dyson. The role reports into the Finance Director – Ops, RDD and Category and have team members across Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and UK.
- Business Partner with Directors across RDD & OPS to support the development and achievement of the yearly budget.
- Responsible for the finance control environment of the RDD & OPS and In House Manufacturing functions
- Manage the annual budget cycle, quarterly forecasting cycle and the month end process.
- Manage and identify the risks and ops and then work to mitigate the risks and crystallise opportunities.
- Provide accurate, timely and insightful reporting to support Operational Performance Reviews, Global Cost Reviews and group finance requests.
- Manage the systems and process initiatives to ensure enable new supply chain solutions for NPD.
- Set the direction for the team to support growth and expansion initiatives relating to RDD and In House Manufacturing.
- Lead the Financial Control Team in the delivery of the team’s objectives
- Build and develop a strong Financial Control Team
- Work closely with the Group Finance Teams to deliver Global Finance objectives
- Review of key processes to drive process improvements
- Part of Ops, RDD and Category Finance leadership team to support talent acquisition and development and drive Global Finance team initiatives.
- MBA, Qualified Accountant or equivalent post graduate qualification with experience in financial planning, analysis and/or strategy and people management.
- At least 15 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in working across functions and cultures
- Experience in leading and developing diverse teams
- Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly and set clear direction for deliverables in meaningful ways
- Naturally Inquisitive - comfortable and willing to challenge status quo and proactive in proposing new ideas
- Flexible and adaptable to a constant changing environment
- Ability to remain calm and independent when faced with sensitive and difficult situations
- Experience in a manufacturing environment an advantage
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the presentation of financial information to directors and board members
- Assertive and able to influence upwards and peers
- Good spoken & written English
- Has strong sense of operational discipline and ability to meet deadlines
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.