- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Master data management (MDM) is essential to the effective running of our business. Master data is a single source of basic business data used across multiple systems, applications, and/or processes. When master data is accurate, on time and complete it saves both time and money and facilitates better informed business decisions. High quality master data is a real asset to our business.
This is a fixed term contract for 6-12 months.
This is a fixed term contract for 6-12 months.
AccountabilitiesMaster Data is created, maintained and retired in multiple Dyson systems for all business areas and markets globally. Dyson’s primary ERP system is SAP, encompassing both front and back office solutions. The business deploys other complimentary systems which also require high quality master data for their effective operation.
To ensure appropriate levels of control, Dyson manages its master data asset centrally. Policy governance and strategy is owned and driven by the Dyson MDM leadership team based in Malmesbury/Johor Bahru (Delete as appropriate) , United Kingdom/Malaysia. A third party outsourcing vendor based in Delhi operates processes to ensure Dyson’s master data is accurate, relevant, available on a timely basis and appropriately safeguarded to allow the business to carry out core transactions.
Outsourced activities are divided into two main work-streams; business-as-usual operations and project delivery, relating to inbound change and process improvement. Dyson MDM leadership and its outsourcing partner will work together to ensure a high level of master data integrity for Dyson through appropriately governed, efficient, user-friendly processes.
This is what we need you to do:
You will be responsible for the strategic policies and procedures relating to the governance and management of master data throughout its lifecycle. You will ensure that these are continually developed to improve operational efficiency, build capacity and safeguard data integrity and quality to support a fast-growing and increasingly complex business operation. You will work closely with your direct report, the outsourcing partner and internal stakeholders across the world to deliver a first class MDM service to the business. Particular responsibilities include:
- Act as the custodian of data including governance, integrity and quality.
- Interact with departments that are accountable for the maintenance of data. This includes policies, processes and audits to ensure the quality of data stored is up to date and clean.
- Drive business strategy, acting as business process owner for MDM globally.
- Drive the transformational journey for MDM, including RPA, artificial intelligence and predictive analytics.
- Define policies and business rules to develop effective master data governance disciplines for the outsourcing partner to enforce.
- Scope business requirements and deliver these in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manage the outsourcing partner to ensure MDM business rules, policies, standards and service level agreements are adhered to.
- Monitor and drive the continuous improvement of the global MDM service using performance metrics.
- Ensure the outsourcing partner effectively modifies MDM processes and procedures to reflect new requirements resulting from inbound business change initiatives and other requirements, e.g. process governance improvements.
- Drive operational efficiency improvements to processes, procedures and ways of working to optimise outsourcing vendor contract costs.
- Continuously review service level standards and re-negotiate with the outsourcing partner as required.
- Provide contract-related issue resolution, both internally and externally.
- Act as the conduit between Global Business Service (GBS) Hub and Regional Offices.
- Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders.
- Build strong working relationships with global customers, other key stakeholders and IT system specialists to develop a shared understanding of MDM requirements and department interdependencies.
- Establish and promote the global MDM service as the recognised guardian of master data integrity within Dyson for the data elements within its scope of control.
- Manage, coach and develop direct report.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to think logically and analytically.
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong track record of customer focus and stakeholder management.
- Able to manage a team at both management and transactional level.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and teams both cross-functionality and geographically.
- Drive for positive change and results.
- Excellent knowledge of the function of master data in ERP systems.
- Ability to effectively manage change, often at pace.
- Proactive approach to developing and enhancing systems and processes.
- Experience in a similar MDM role.
- Knowledge and/or experience of MDM best practice.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work without close supervision.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills. Strong ability to present information informatively and effectively to different audiences.
- Robust skills in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines