- € competitive
- Cologne - Germany
Our market teams are responsible for taking Group strategy, applying their local expertise and experience, and delivering world-class products and service to our owners. From digital to supply chain, marketing to finance, the EMEA teams work together to learn from each other’s' strengths, share successes, and constantly reinvent and transform Dyson's presence on their countries.
About the roleThe newly created DACH cluster consists of 4 heads offices servicing 4 markets: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland & CEED, the latter being a distributor model covering 14 markets. Whilst each Head office has an MD, they report into the EMEA Regional President. There is true ambition to accelerate markets profit, reinvigorate mature markets with changes in business models and support the ambitious people agenda. It’s also a time of great change as we shift organisation structures, clarifying governance and new ways of working as we build out the new operating model
The Head of HR DACH is a new position created to partner the MD Germany, MD Austria, MD Switzerland, MD Poland & MD CEED. They will be responsible for building a cohesive people agenda that can respond and adapt to the changing environment. The role will work through local HRBPs to enact and implement both local agendas and be responsible for shaping and owning the broader DACH/EMEA and Group people initiatives.
The role will report in to the EMEA HR Director and will form part of the EMEA People Leadership Team. In the role of Head of HR DACH, you will partner with functional teams, business leads, and Senior Directors to develop and execute the People strategies and planning activities that drive organisational and people effectiveness. Commercially savvy, you are able to influence, challenge and interpret business direction into strategic and tactical plans, with a resilient but natural style that brings the business and teams with you. The role is challenging and faced paced, working across multiple disciplines and with multiple partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with MD’s to develop and implement people plans and solutions to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results.
- Challenge ways of working, identify problems and find ways to fix them.
- Manage a small but highly capable team of HR Business Partners – developing their skills and providing opportunities to support their career progression.
- Lead your business area on organisational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and capability assessment to drive future scale and growth of the business.
- Review and analyse people data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience
- Coach Market MDs within the organisation to build leadership capabilities: challenge and influence, successfully navigating different styles and personalities to build trusted, credible partnerships.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to source high potential Dyson Talent that will drive future scale for the Dyson business.
- Build a world class talent pipeline, ensuring the right roles, capabilities and frameworks are in place to deliver. Constantly review business and people performance, ensure succession/capability risks are understood and managed, and tackle challenges and seize opportunities over the short and long term.
- Lead and support, both local and international, HR and business initiatives and projects.
- Represent the voice of the cluster into the global People function and ensure global initiatives meet local requirements, whilst championing adoption and / or adherence to relevant global standards and policies into the DACH markets
- Provide ongoing support to the leadership team on people related matters including policies and procedures, employee relations activity.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, and promotions.
- A champion of the Dyson culture and values – connected to the “pulse” of our people across DACH cluster, working closely with senior business leaders to drive organisational effectiveness and engagement. Develop and champion a high performance culture across the DACH business. Ensure market teams coach, influence, upskill and encourage senior leaders to provide clear direction, and line managers provide continuous feedback and development.
- Degree and professionally qualified
- Experience of managing a team
- Proven ability to diagnose problems with strategic thinking skills, as well as drive appropriate solutions with tactical actions
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment with multiple priorities and high level of autonomy
- Exceptional listening and communication skills with the ability to influence and coach Managers at all levels in the organisation
- Ability to work independently, as well as an active member of both business and HR teams
- Strong business commerciality and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- Able to dive into data and details and analyse, interpret and present back to the business
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced environment with a high level of energy and pace
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidized sport activities
- Discounted Dyson machines
- Corporate Benefits
- working from home
- Fare Subsidy for local public transport or on-site parking
- 24/7 accident insurance
- Relaxed dress code
- Flexible working hours
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.