- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson we believe everything could be better. Fuelled by a frustration with things that don’t work properly and a relentless obsession with making them work better, we’ve spent the last 27 years pioneering inventions and continually improving. We’re growing fast. And our ambition is huge. But it’s not simply about more people and more profit. Dyson is all about pioneering ideas and new technologies. It’s about inventing the future. Our philosophy remains the same as it was 27 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking. At Dyson we constantly strive to find more pioneering ways to solve everyday problems.
About the role
Overview of role:
Insurance touches almost every part of Dyson globally, whether it is cover for business interruption loss across our production or retail operations; or liability cover for all the Group’s various activities. As a result, this role should be at the forefront of business change, ensuring appropriate consideration of insurance as a key response to Dyson’s major risks.
Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit and Risk, you will be leading the delivery of the Group’s insurance and risk financing programmes as well as evaluating the extent, value and quality of risk transfer as a solution to key Group risks to which the business is exposed. This role is autonomous but works closely alongside colleagues from the wider Internal Audit & Risk team, with some support from shared administrative resource.
· Being the Group’s subject matter expert on and point of contact for the global insurance programme, including detailed understanding and efficient management of:
o the annual renewal process;
o the collection and upkeep of accurate and detailed risk and underwriting information;
o the timely finalisation of all placement activity including premium allocations, payment of invoices and issuance of documentation;
o contractual liabilities agreed to and imposed on others, ensuring they align with our risk culture and insurance programme;
o scoping of new and enhanced coverage; and
o notification, investigation and negotiation of claims settlement on both a direct and indirect basis, including below deductible losses.
· Continually challenging and evolving the insurance programme to ensure it is fit for purpose for the size, scale, aspirations and nature of the Dyson Group.
· Understanding business process, challenges and plans across the Dyson business, building relationships across the business, including at Executive / senior management level, to ensure the impact and likelihood of all present and future insurable risks are modelled, enabling informed decisions on insurance purchase to be made.
· Hosting, creating, maintaining and distributing guidance and training to support the business in all aspects of insurance, empowering colleagues to make informed decisions on insurance and risk related matters.
· Managing the Group’s relationship with its brokers and insurers, including the assessment of their performance, ensuring that Dyson receives the level and quality of advice and support appropriate for its needs and that it represents value for money.
· Optimising the structure of the insurance programme to provide best value for money and align to the risks, and severity of events, to which the Group is most exposed.
· Ownership of the insurance budget on behalf of the Director of Internal Audit & Risk and ensuring its position can be reported when required.
· Reporting of the insurance programme, budget, claims and ongoing insurance related projects to the CFO, Executive Committee and Board.
· Promote a culture of sound risk management practices (as it pertains to the insurance programme), including arranging of insurers’ risk engineering inspections and implementation of risk recommendations and post event loss mitigation strategies.
Responding on a timely basis to ad-hoc queries from the business and providing advice and guidance on insurance matters.
· Educated to degree level or equivalent from a recognised institution
· Relevant insurance qualification e.g. ACII or equivalent
· Demonstrates the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality at all times
· Demonstrable in-depth technical knowledge of commercial insurance policy terms and conditions
· Ability to work autonomously to deliver high quality results
· Strong influencing and negotiating skills; ability to work with multiple stakeholders and time critical environments
· Innovative problem-solving skills, with proven ability to exercise flexibility and judgement
· Pragmatic and commercial approach to risk management
· Drive to understand all aspects of the operations of Dyson Group globally
· Ability to communicate complex issues in a simple and effective way with attention to detail
· Ability to develop effective relationships across all areas of the business and with third parties
· Project management, particularly in the context of arranging new/enhanced cover; procurement of services from brokers and direct insurers; and renewal
· Willingness and ability to travel internationally where required
· Working in an in-house insurance role with brokers and / or insurers on complex global insurance programmes, including product liability and property, particularly in a manufacturing environment
· Direct claims advocacy
· Demonstrable experience in the placement and management of sophisticated global insurance programmes across multiple insurance classes
· Corporate risk management and risk engineering
· Working with Captive insurance companies
· Experience in the placement and management of Trade Credit and Employee Health & Benefits
· 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
· Pension scheme
· Performance related bonus
· Private medical insurance
· Life assurance
· Sport centre
· Free on-site parking
· Subsidised café and restaurants
· Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.