- $ Competitive
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson has begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source.
Now it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2021. Critical to this transformation and growth agenda is our legal team.
This role requires a technically excellent and pro-active lawyer to manage the provision of legal services to Dyson’s automotive team. Reporting into the General Counsel for Global Operations, this is a critical role for ensuring the automotive category is a success for Dyson and provides a unique opportunity to develop your experience as part of a dynamic and ambitious in-house legal team. The Head of Legal for Automotive will be responsible for analysing, managing and advising on legal risk from development and manufacture through to sale and throughout the product lifecycle.
This is what we need you to do:
- Build strong relationships with Dyson’s electric vehicle team across all levels and functions and manage the provision of daily legal support to them.
- Provide day to day management of more junior lawyers and provide development, support and performance management.
- Collaborate with fellow leaders (both within the legal department and in the business) to devise efficient strategies for the provision of legal services to Dyson’s electric vehicle project that are fit for future growth and match Dyson’s blueprint for success.
- Provide expert, ethical and pragmatic advice and support on commercial, product liability, regulatory and contract issues across the automotive business, helping the business navigate complex issues with an output and delivery focus.
- Proactively identify arising risk areas and work with the business to develop risk mitigation solutions.
- Ensure that the service is responsive to client requirements and that work undertaken is reflective of best practice.
- Draft and negotiate contracts with suppliers and support tender processes across the new supply base for Dyson’s electric vehicle project.
- Manage disputes with third parties.
- Develop and manage contract control processes and reviewing and maintaining precedent documents.
- Develop and deliver relevant legal training programmes.
- Maintain an up to date and comprehensive knowledge of developments in the relevant areas of law, disseminating the information to peers and the business accordingly.
- Proactively identify opportunities for growth, leveraging best practice and insight from within the legal environment.
- Manage external counsel where appropriate, ensuring compliance with Dyson’s cost management processes.
This is what we need you to have:
- At least 8 years’ post qualification experience.
- Significant in-house exposure, and experience in the automotive industry are essential to this role, with experience at an OEM a strong preference.
- Experience of managing and developing a high performing team.
- A sound understanding of all aspects of commercial law and an ability to apply that knowledge pragmatically in a business environment.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of managing matters with a cross border and foreign jurisdiction element, and managing external legal counsel.
- Comfort with autonomy and willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Confidence and technical ability to be able to deal with issues outside your experience and the ability to learn quickly on the job.
- Evidence of being a self-starter who is good at identifying problems and proactively remedying them, and who demonstrates professionalism, pride and integrity in all aspects of your work.