- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
This role requires a technically excellent and pro-active lawyer to provide commercial and contract law advice to Dyson’s Group functions. This is a role with a great degree of responsibility attached and that provides an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and contribution as part of a dynamic and ambitious in-house legal team. You will be responsible for the management of a team of lawyers based in the UK.
AccountabilitiesThis is what we need you to do:
- Build strong relationships with Dyson’s Group functions, including Procurement, IT, Finance and Research, Design and Development, and manage the provision of daily support to them.
- Manage and develop a team of enthusiastic, talented and skilled in house counsel.
- Provide expert, ethical and pragmatic advice and support on commercial and contract issues across the business.
- Proactively identify arising risk areas and work with the business to develop risk mitigation solutions.
- Draft and negotiate contracts with suppliers and customers.
- Support and advise on tender processes across the business, particularly in manufacturing, IT and on capital equipment projects.
- Provide input into contract control processes and reviewing and maintaining precedent documents.
- Manage contract disputes with third parties.
- Deliver relevant legal training programmes.
- Manage external counsel where appropriate, ensuring compliance with Dyson’s cost management processes.
SkillsThis is what we need you to have:
- At least 8 years’ post qualification experience, with in-house exposure post training a significant advantage.
- A sound understanding of all aspects of commercial law and an ability to apply that knowledge pragmatically in a business environment.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of managing matters with a cross border and foreign jurisdiction element, and managing external legal counsel.
- Good awareness of the role of Legal in business decisions and the ability to actively contribute in the taking of those decisions.
- Confidence and technical ability to be able to deal with issues outside your experience and the ability to learn quickly on the job.
- Evidence of being a self-starter who is good at identifying problems and proactively remedying them, and who demonstrates professionalism, pride and integrity in all aspects of your work.
- An ability to work successfully with a minimum level of supervision in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Line management experience.
- Experience of manufacturing contracts is an advantage.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines