- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleMarket guidance and commercial support, including, but not limited to advertising and promotional spend assessment, Product and Campaign Delivery, promotional / shopper sell through initiatives.
- Ensuring implementation of Global range principles, incorporating channel requirements – ensuring these deliver against overall strategy for the category
- Responsible for representing market requirements with the Exec, VP’s, MD’s and Marketing Directors in all markets globally.
- Supporting RDD on annual targets such as reduction of overall SKU count, EOL direction and Ad-hoc management.
- Working with all markets to identify reset approach and implement range transition within market.
- Managing the Commercial inputs to the monthly Product Review Meeting – part of the Integrated Business Planning process.
- Line managing a team of Senior Commercial Managers/Commercial Managers/Commercial Executives responsible for Environmental Care & Lighting market support. Ensuring the voice of the market is heard in cross-functional senior meetings and insights are identified and shared throughout.
- Responsible for markets team having key insight on market data and KPI’s for data inputs for product and creative development
- Working closely with market leadership (managing directors and marketing directors) on:
- In life product market support - assessing markets budget numbers and providing support for mitigation plans where gaps vs plan appear. Partnering with markets to shape commercially sound annual plans and respond to risks/ops in-year.
- Delivery of local campaigns - outside of NPD delivery (recent examples Experts in Purification/Heatwave). Work with local market teams and local Mindshare to guide media planning, rooted in performance media insight. Build asset lists that ensure we are optimising creative resource against the most valuable deliverables. Partner with key personnel in local markets and CoE to deliver against defined KPIs.
- Identification of product change opportunities – including working with RDD on immediate development and feeding in market insights to future product development for NPI/Strategy Team.
- Ensuring BBI spend requirements for launched product (outside of NPD) are accurate and represents market requirements for full year, identifying risks and opportunities within the full year plan.
- SKU management, Supply Chain and regional market teams to ensure ranges are scoped, planned and executed with all.
- Wider role responsibilities:
- Responsible for building and coaching a high performing team. Providing them with clear objectives and facilitating their development through coaching and regular feedback.
- Support the Commercial Director and Head of Category in defining the in-market strategy for the Environmental Care & Lighting category and deputise for the Commercial Director as and when required.
- Responsible for setting and monitoring the budget for the category with other senior stakeholders.
- The Head of Markets thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for technology. They have experience of confidently leading and inspiring teams to review, plan, create and deliver. They are international in their mindset, and able to work across multiple functions (e.g. RDD, Consumer Research, Creative).
- This role is highly adapt at both commercial and marketing communications, with a strong social, digital and traditional media channel knowledge.
- The Head of Markets is able to recognise insight and knowledge gaps and commission research briefs with clear KPIs and recommendations on methodology. They drive a proactive understanding of data and trends amongst the team to ensure all angles have been reviewed.
- The Head of Markets is able to prioritise deliverables across the category and across channels in order to meet business critical deadlines.
- They identify gaps and opportunities and ensure that markets and wider teams are cascaded information in a consistent and effective manner.
- The Head of Markets sets targets and objectives for initiatives with clear measurements and reporting. They actively share best practice between channels and markets. Their business acumen will be high with the ability to prioritise and achieve targets through astute commercial sense. Behaviourally they will seek to deliver beyond targets and find solutions to achieve this.
- They will be comfortable setting an inspirational vision for the wider team and be adept at managing stakeholders across all channels and levels. They will inspire and excite those around them and they foster a culture of accountability and inspire the team to over deliver.
- They galvanise the wider business to support and participate with change initiatives and drive a high impact through influencing and persuading others to support their direction.
- They set the bar with the team to balance aspiration with realistic deliverables and allocate resource where it can make the most impact. They champion the voice of change within the team and provide an open environment where proposals are eagerly given.
- The Head of Markets has a firm grasp of the principles that make up the Dyson reputation. From tone of voice, visual identity, and our approach to taking technology to market. As engineers. Not marketeers. They will lead their immediate team and all those they work in markets, to fiercely maintain the Dyson reputation in all that they do.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.