- £Competitive + bonus + benefits
- The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology is working to deliver our vision to become the best engineering university in the world and we need the operational discipline to match our boundless aspiration. We are growing at pace, both in scale and complexity, and are looking for a Head of Operations to cut through that complexity. You will design the organisational systems, oversee their ongoing implementation and ensure our operations run smoothly at all levels of the organisation. Reporting to The Dyson Institute’s Director, you will be a responsible and proven leader with an analytical and strategic mind, an ability to create efficient systems, an eye for detail and a relentless determination to ensure flawless execution.
What you'll be doing;
- Design and deliver the operating strategy for The Dyson Institute of Engineering Technology to support compliance with degree awarding powers and our evolving 5-year strategy
- Be responsible for the ongoing operational delivery of the current Dyson Institute programme, taught and awarded by the University of Warwick
- Ensure that operational commitments and goals for The Dyson Institute are met and are to plan (cost, quality, delivery)
- Manage, develop and mentor the growing the Operations Team to secure flawless execution
- Define operational KPI’s and report on operational performance – reporting internally to The Dyson Institute Steering Group and The Dyson Institute’s Board, and externally to the regulating authorities
- Own the delivery of Special Projects at The Dyson Institute, including overseas expansion
- Manage key external relationships to support The Dyson Institute’s vision (e.g. PSRBs)
- Design and deliver The Dyson Institute’s operating strategy and gain sponsorship from the across the Dyson Group for key infrastructure projects (e.g. Estates, HR, Finance and IT) both short and long term
What we'd like to see from you;
- Proven experience as Head of Operations, Operations Director or similar leadership role
- Strong leadership skills and a good team player
- Familiarity with all business functions including HR, finance, estates and IT
- Significant experience with implementing new systems, and proven excellence in operational execution
- Excellent data analytical and reporting skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Collaborative influencing skills
- Strategic, tactical, pragmatic and hands-on
- Self-motivated, and with the ability to lead and motivate others not in direct line of responsibility
- 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays.
- Private medical and dental cover
- Life assurance.
- Performance related bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- Dyson machine discount.
- Sports centre.
- Subsidized cafe and restaurants.