- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
- Location details
As part of the Global Procurement Leadership team, the Head of Procurement Engineering will lead a growing team of procurement engineers and will be responsible for defining and driving the strategy for Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) ) and continuous technology exchange with suppliers to support the New Product Development to find the technology and cost optimum in development projects.
Creates the right organisational design, culture, ways of working and environment to enable the Procurement Engineering function to proactively generate new ideas, deliver defined business objectives and continuously improve
Develop team strategies and apply good practice in supporting the product development process by providing procurement expertise and costing insights contributing to the development of products and specifications within Research, Design and Manufacturing
Develop and manage resource plans for team, lead recruitment and establish team knowledge and skill requirements
Drive a continuous improvement programme to advance the procurement engineering processes, governance and capabilities across the group, in close cooperation with all stakeholders.
Develop commodity/technology sourcing plans and lead the research to identify potential new suppliers, in addition to working with Research, Design and Manufacturing to develop new capability within our existing Approved Vendor List (AVL)
Ensure protection of Dyson IP through implementation of Dyson NDA’s, Development Agreements and Statements of Work
Drive and report cost avoidance throughout the product development phase and cost savings during volume production
Thought leader and Procurement engineering related internal consultant to the business
Demonstrable Procurement and Engineering experience in a leadership capacity within a high tech environment
MCIPS and Engineering degree (or equivalent) desirable
- Experience of New Product Development, project environments and milestone processes.
- Integrity and confidence under pressure – always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances.
- Strong business acumen, communication, advocacy, influencing and negotiation skills
- Possess cost and value engineering (CVE) skills to contribute to increase the competiveness and profitability of our products
- Strong commercial background within a new product development environment
- Strong process orientation to govern cost and supplier selection
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines