- Project Management
- Malmesbury, Singapore or Malaysia, United Kingdom
As a Product Development and Technology company, it is imperative that Dyson has a well designed over-arching framework for product development. We must reliably deliver superior products to market quicker than our competition and with consistency.
Our ambitions are bold, by 2025 we aim to ‘Double Dyson’; double sales volumes, double the quantity of products in our portfolio and halve time to market.
The Product Creation Framework will need to evolve to accommodate more complex products, more regulated products and products that are increasingly software-centric. Additionally it is likely that Dyson will work with external development partners more than we do today.
About the roleAs the size of the portfolio increases the product Creation Framework needs to be designed as simple and streamlined as possible. We need faster, smarter product development throughout the lifecycle.
Based in either the UK, Singapore or Malaysia, this Role is within the CEO Office providing central oversight and direction on the Product Creation Framework. This role will own the vision, design and ongoing improvements to the Product Creation Framework, it’s policies and process, which enable Dyson to deliver products into market.
- Be the business’s Champion for the Product Creation Framework
- Sell the Vision for the framework; Why we need it, What it is, and How functions, teams and individuals engage with it
- Lead framework design; it must constantly improve to meet evolving business requirements
- Oversee Milestone success criteria, ensure expectations for each Milestone is clear across all functions, categories and functions
- Publish new Policy and Process to enable effective product development to;
- Streamline bureaucracy and simplify process
- Improve governance throughout the lifecycle
- Integrate across functions; almost all functions in Dyson contribute towards product development, so it is imperative that functional contribution is coherent and aligned
- Develop improved communications and methods for implementing new policy and process
- Roll-out improved Milestone training
- Guide category and functional leadership to set Milestone expectations and how to apply the framework to deliver
- Set clear expectations for Milestone requirements
- Build and develop a focused team that will lead development of the Product Creation Framework
- Build positive relations with stakeholders representing all areas of the business
- Work across the CEO Office and in particular partner with the Portfolio Management and Product Delivery Governance team
- Broad understanding of Product Development
- Experience of policy and process design and implementation
- Experience of working with multiple senior stakeholders
- Managing expectations and working with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Cross-functional experience is desired
- Experience of Lean principles is desirable
- Global team leadership is desired
Critical leadership competencies
- Communication with impact to all levels of the organisation including senior executives;
- the ability to distil complex issues into clear effective messages
- creates a compelling vision for the team gaining support from the team and from stakeholders
- Collaboration –Excellent interpersonal skills proactively creates maintains and promotes a strong network of connections with colleagues across the business
- Builds knowledge across teams, acquiring and sharing business critical information
- Influence at scale; ability to impart change on a large scale
- Change Management – adept at managing change, preparing, support and guiding their team and their stakeholders through organisational changes
- Credibility; ability to have your voice heard and set direction that key stakeholders are willing to follow
- Judgement and decision making -comfortable with change and ambiguity and can act without having the total bigger picture.
- Complex problem solving with excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Capable of working at a strategic level, whilst also managing day-to-day activity to deliver key elements of the business plan
- Resilience and composure to guide projects and teams through arising issues, overcoming challenges to deliver high quality business outcomes
- Integrity and Assertiveness, willing to communicate all relevant information including perceived ‘bad news’ and hold teams to account to deliver
- Consistently role models the values and fosters the values in the team. Welcomes open feedback with a clear commitment to self –improvement
- Possesses a brand of leadership which a diverse and collaborative working culture encouraging openness, honesty and psychological safety. Builds strong team spirit and celebrates success.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.