- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Quality and Reliability
- Singapore - Singapore
As the Head of Product Quality reporting into the Global Quality Director, you will be responsible for leading a global team of engineers and analysts supporting projects in NPI & UK/SEA development, new product introduction and current support of products in market for the Environmental Care, Professional and Lighting Categories. At the same time you will be expected to act as an ambassador & driver for a Culture of Quality in all business interactions. This is a leadership role with responsibility for ALL aspects of the quality of the category, but particularly to ensure clear visibility and escalation of key risks and issues. The holder of the role will be expected to be a contributor to executive discussions, Category leadership discussions and Quality leadership discussions around Product Quality at Dyson, both current and future strategy.
- Lead a global and diverse team of Quality Managers, Engineers and Analysts in the UK and SEA.
- Manage team performance & development, training, morale, headcount, recruitment and budget.
- Set the tone & character of your team through personal example and provide mentoring/coaching to individuals inside and outside your direct reporting line.
- Ensure the timely completion of Product Quality deliverables to a high standard in your own team, while at the same time encouraging and influencing best-practice and appropriate decision-making in other teams. Primarily these are Product Safety, Reliability and Satisfaction deliverables but currently the teams also manage Manufacturing Quality deliverables.
- For projects in NPI and UK development, ensure your team provides customer/product insights & lessons learned while also encouraging other teams to use robust design principles e.g. use profiles, validated requirements, CTCs and early CTQs, DFMEA & early PFMEA risk management.
- For projects in SEA development, ensure your team assesses issues resulting from prototype builds & verification testing, then assesses and critiques mitigations proposed by the project teams with the aim of providing an independent view of product design readiness and manufacturing process readiness.
- For new product launches, ensure your team prepares the Market Quality Teams for their monitoring role and then provides weekly reports to key stakeholders on customer claims and critical investigations.
- For products in market, ensure your team liaises with Data, Market Quality Teams and Continuous Improvement Teams on a regular basis to understand latest Product Quality trends/concerns and status of targeted cross-functional investigations.
- At all times work collaboratively and transparently, while putting particular focus on strategic partnerships within Category, Engineering, Operations and Commercial organisations.
- Provide regular status reports to key stakeholders and maintain effective stakeholder relationships, with particular focus at Head, Director and VP level.
- On occasion, take a leading facilitator role in high priority internal and/or cross-team investigations.
- Support Quality improvement projects where required and drive closed loop lessons learned at every opportunity to iteratively improve Dyson’s product development framework.
- Support the generation and perpetuation of a healthy Culture of Quality throughout the business, bridging department/team borders and geographical locations with a ‘One Team’ spirit in line with Dyson Behaviours.
- Multi-site, multi-country experience with the ability to lead and coach a high-performing, diverse and multi-cultural team.
- Ability to plan and act strategically to deliver a high level of Product Quality for projects in development.
- Clear & calm thinker with the ability to work within, or quickly adapt to, Dyson’s fast-paced and flexible culture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, in order to guide decision-making and leverage external resources.
- Ability to work with data to answer questions and support arguments.
- Strong verbal/written presentation & communication skills.
- Strong commercial awareness with an interest in the wider Dyson business and industry.
- Ability to interact credibly at executive level and inspire confidence.
- Knowledge of design quality &
manufacturing quality tools/principles (use profiles, risk management,
requirements validation & verification, CTCs & CTQs, manufacturing