- £Competitive + bonus + benefits
- The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology aims to become the best engineering university in the world. But, unlike a traditional university, our unique integration of academic theory and a real job from day one offers a unique opportunity to the future engineering leaders of the UK.
The Head of Professional Development and Undergraduate Experience will lead a growing team within the organisation, and will be pivotal in defining the unique selling point of this new higher education institution. Reporting to The Dyson Institute’s Director, you will be a responsible and proven senior leader with a strategic mind, real insight into engineering and education, and a commitment to deliver a unique experience to every Undergraduate at The Dyson Institute.
AccountabilitiesWhat you'll be doing;
This is a leadership role within one of Dyson’s key transformational projects. You will be responsible for, and will provide strategic leadership, direction and overall management to, three of the seven pillars of The Dyson Institute: Professional Development; Health, Wellbeing and Student Support; Recruitment and Admissions.
- Design and deliver a strategic Professional Development programme to develop world class engineering leadership within The Dyson Institute
- Work with senior stakeholders, such as the Senior Steering Group and Executive Team at Dyson, to align the Professional Development strategy with the broader business
- Work closely with HR on building the Continuous Professional Development of Undergraduate Line Managers at The Dyson Institute through the ongoing development of line manager training
- Build and manage a Professional Development team to support the execution of the Professional Development pillar
- Oversee the Recruitment and Admissions Strategy, build and manage the team to enable them to deliver the recruitment and admissions strategy on an ongoing basis
- Have overarching responsibility of all Undergraduates and their ongoing coaching and mentorship during their time at Dyson
- Oversee and develop the Student Support team to ensure Undergraduates thrive whilst on the programme
- Work in collaboration with other Universities, external bodies, training providers and internal department Head’s in The Dyson Institute to devise and deliver a technical/professional development training programme to all Undergraduates
What we'd like to see from you;
• Educated to graduate level or above
• Significant experience as an engineering leader or within engineering talent development
• A progressive leadership philosophy
• Outstanding communication skills
• Excellent organisational and leadership ability
• Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
• Strategic thinker, planner and executor
• High levels of emotional intelligence
• Ability to lead teams and influence for results across The Dyson Institute and Dyson wide
- 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays.
- Private medical and dental cover
- Life assurance.
- Performance related bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- Dyson machine discount.
- Sports centre.
- Subsidized cafe and restaurants.