- Quality and Reliability
- Wiltshire, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As the Head of Quality - Markets reporting into Global Quality & Reliability Director you will be forming part of the Quality Leadership team. You will be responsible for leading and managing a team to ensure the highest standards of quality in our product designs, manufacturing output and owner experience. You must exhibit strong leadership and experience in a Research Design and Development environment of technology challenges and aggressive timelines.
- Monitoring of new product launches in all markets and escalation of issues to the appropriate teams – category quality (engineering fixes), supplier quality (supplier issues), and markets (customer service changes).
- Identification of changes in quality or usage of product/parts/support that would affect quality experience of owners.
- Management of all operational quality activity within markets – for instance internal (Dyson staff) and external trials of development product.
- Quality (owner related insights) into markets and product with owners.
- Coordination of any global or market specific rework or recall of product.
- Day to day leadership and management of the market team. Currently including permanent staff in:
- UK (including cover for Europe)
- Defining the future direction of the team including growth in new markets (India for example) and into new technologies. More connected product, future regulated product including medical and potentially automotive.
- Effectively operate in a wider quality team (as well as wider Dyson team) balancing day to day task needs with capability growth and development of people.
- Build the process and systems capability that the market quality organisation requires.
- Previous experience in a product development organisation and with considerable experience of either quality or market support preferably both.
- Strong motivational Leadership: Lead a high performing, collaborative and team of internal and external resources.
- Ability to work independently, leading international task forces and accelerating performance
- Ability to travel internationally supporting global transfers and team development
- High level communicator: Advise, influence and manage senior business stakeholders, adapting approach and communication style accordingly.
- Ability to motivate a large team and motivate other (internal external non owned) technology providers to a common direction
- Experience in managing technical projects throughout project lifecycle
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, comfortable interacting and influencing at leadership level whilst bridging the gap to the cross category teams.
- Multi-site, multi-country experience with the ability to lead, coach and influence an indirect, global, team
- A passion for technology and desire to drive business progression through the introduction and championing of new solutions.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines