- Europe, Amsterdam - The Netherlands
The location is flexible across EMEA, however the United Kingdom or Netherlands are preferred due to current team location.
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Our People team are responsible for activating our unique philosophy and values to deliver a truly Dyson people experience. It’s essential that we attract and hire the best talent, and retain them to build a solid foundation for our future growth.
Reporting into the Group Reward Director and directly supporting the EMEA region (covering 18 countries including UK), you will lead Compensation and Benefits for the region, establishing yourself as the key point of contact and local subject matter expert partner. Your main responsibilities will include taking ownership of all aspects of compensation, including (but not limited to) designing salary structures, grading, working with allowances and supplements, aligning our global Dyson bonus plans and managing regional incentive plans. You will also lead and oversee all regional benefits management, design and review, and coordinate local recognition schemes. With an overall aim to create locally competitive total reward practices that align to our global principles and philosophy.
The ideal candidate will be technically capable, able to build robust processes aligning to global philosophy yet locally appropriate and be able to explain complex Reward strategies to a non-technical audiences. You will play a critical role in helping attract, retain and engage employees across all countries Dyson operates in in Europe so that they can be at their best and enable Dyson to deliver our ambitions.
About the role
- Think Global, Act Local: with a diverse and geographically spread team, you will be a key player in helping form the future Group Reward strategy and in some cases be asked to drive and own certain global projects, whilst also ensuring all initiatives are implemented effectively within the EMEA region.
- Leadership: you will lead a small team of reward professionals supporting their development and ensuring that all activity, both business as usual and project work, is delivered efficiently and effectively. As a senior member of the global reward Centre of Excellence you will also be a key member of the global HR community both within and out of the reward function helping HR deliver its strategic objectives.
- Senior Partnering: Provide expert advice and an effective internal reward consultancy service to HR and the wider business, keeping abreast of external trends, reward regulations/legislation and making recommendations to ensure relevant policies/practices and initiatives are compliant at all times.
- Policy and Processes: With a good understanding of local (minimum UK, ideally NL, France and Germany) employment law specifically related to compensation and benefits you will partner with Group Legal and HR as needed to implement improvements to reward and benefits policies and processes, ensuring new proposals developed are compliant with local legislation and support Dyson’s goals.
- Operational Delivery: leading the team to deliver against the annual reward objectives which include Annual Salary and Bonus Review, benchmarking compensation and benefits and developing salary ranges. Ensuring employee benefits are engaging and competitive in all markets, supporting our people’s health and wellbeing.
- Exceptional Compensation expertise, particularly within a retail or FMCG environment
- Experience of operating within an international organisation; familiar with a matrix style management structure, with key stakeholders overseas and a UK (or international) head office
- Multi-lingual (ideally) with excellent English and other European language capability an advantage but not essential.
- Working in a fast-paced team environment with high volume activities and changing priorities
- Relationship skills; able to build strong relationships with all stakeholders, within HR and the business, as well as managing external suppliers
- Ability to think creatively and apply a practical business driven approach; analytical and strategic.
- Knowledge of Workday and its capability is desirable
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Results-driven, takes satisfaction from achieving goals
- Understands and works well with cultural diversity
- Able to communicate in a succinct and engaging manner
- Competitive Salary Package
- Company Bonus scheme
- Discount on Dyson products
- Company Pension scheme
- 29 days annual holiday plan
- Company Fitness plan
- Life Assurance Plan
- Fresh fruits and Friday quiz
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.