- Competitive Total Compensation
- Sales Account Management
- Dublin - Ireland
To lead the Dyson Ireland sales team and design the strategic retail plan to deliver long term sustainable profit growth.
Accountabilities1. Deliver gross margin and volume targets with full P&L ownership for Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland;
- Deliver annual sales forecasts to plan.
- Responsible for delivering monthly sales gross margin and volume and communicating to Country Manager of any changes to budget, target or latest estimate (LE).
- Lead the monthly and annual LE process and ensure the sales team operate with a profitability focused mindset.
- Effectively manage the retailer investment budget to deliver the best return on investment through a transparent approval system and process.
2. Redesign the go-to-market retail strategies and joint business plan structures for Dyson Ireland to ensure the maintenance and acceleration of retail trading partnerships;
- Be seen as the commercial lead with all key retailers and conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings to ensure ongoing maximum trading support.
- Transform trading terms to deliver maximum ROI for the business and ensure rebate structures are weighted to reward those customers who disproportionately support the brand and deliver on their annual agreements.
- Work excellently with the wider multifunctional team (marketing, finance and logistics) to ensure all strategies are understood and supported and the levels of resource and support required are aligned with each function lead.
- Design the appropriate talent structure for the next 3 years.
- Communicate clearly KPIs, targets and business objectives for all individuals and the collective team.
- Conduct regular weekly, monthly and quarterly 1:1 meetings with direct reports and provide regular informal feedback to wider sales team.
- Identify gaps in knowledge and skills in the team and build appropriate learning and development solutions with defined milestones.
4. Lead the controlled retail strategy through the Retail Activation function;
- Control and monitor the P&L for physical retail, delivering cost effective solutions across the portfolio.
- Monitor the ROI of all Expert & Stylist programmes.
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with Sales, Marketing and the Digital team to ensure that plans are connected and integrated. Work closely with Group Retail and Group Commercial teams to ensure that the customer experience is consistently executed across all portfolio.
5. First class execution of Dyson plans with Ireland customers;
- Manage the Dyson account manager team to deliver business goals including
- Negotiating retailer terms.
- Designing and delivering the national retail marketing and activation plan.
- The development and implementation of sector leading in store environments, from fixtures, training and Dyson Expert demonstration plans.
- The development and implementation of sector leading omnichannel retailer marketing plans.
- Be channel leaders in all categories, new and existing.
- Deliver world class NPD launches.
6. Fulfil other duties as required;
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Fix things that you can see need fixing.
- Experience working in a National Account Controller roll, preferably within the Electrical or FMCG industries.
- Experience leading a Sales Team, including National Accounts, Demonstration and Field Sales roles.
- Experience influencing and leading across functions, including at a senior level.
- Experience leading a team to own retailer and supplier P&L’s, Joint Business Plans and terms negotiations.
- Experience in working with a complex instore environment.
- Experience restructuring or recruiting growing teams.
- Degree of 2:1 or above
- Extensive and proven leadership skills.
- Relationship and communication skills, including the ability to manage challenging customer situations.
- Analytical and ability to work and think towards long term goals.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Strong selling and presentation skills.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to identify and secure opportunities.
- Ability to engage people in your ideas.
- Ability to communicate with large groups of people clearly and confidently whilst engaging them.
- Team player with natural commercial flair.
- Creative and confident.
- Ability and willing to change things.
- Results driven.