- Competitive Total Compensation
- Sales Account Management
- Dublin - Ireland
We have a really exciting and rare opening to join the pioneering and passionate Dyson Ireland team, as one of their senior leaders. This role, as Head of Sales, represents a unique and one-off opportunity to design, deliver and embed a strategic retail plan to deliver long term, sustainable profit and growth. Supported by an ambitious and experienced team, the successful applicant must be able to bring passion, pace and commerciality in abundance.
AccountabilitiesAs our Head of Sales, we are looking to bring in an experienced Sales Director or current Head of Sales, with significant experience within fast paced environments, and who can demonstrate strong and genuine leadership ability to drive our business, through our people.
Please find below, and overview of the key professional accountabilities linked to this opportunity.
1. Deliver gross margin and volume targets with full P&L ownership for Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland;
- Plan, create and deliver annual sales forecasts to plan.
- Take full responsibility for driving, tracking and delivering monthly sales, gross margin and volume, across full product range, across Ireland. This includes ensuring direct and timely communication to Country Manager of progress and any subsequent deviances.
- To lead the monthly and annual LE process, ensuring the sales team are driving a profitability-focused mind-set, and making commercially-savvy and astute decisions.
- To effectively manage the significant retailer investment budget, to essentially deliver the best return on investment through a transparent approval system and process.
2. To take full accountability for designing the go-to-market retail strategies and joint business plan structures for Dyson Ireland. The aim being to ensure the maintenance and acceleration of retail trading partnerships;
- To be seen as the commercial lead with all key retailers. This will include conducting weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings to ensure effective and efficient, optimum trading support.
- To constantly scrutinise and evolve trading terms to deliver maximum ROI for the business, and ensure rebate structures are weighted to reward those customers who disproportionately support the brand and deliver on their annual agreements.
- To work very closely with the wider multifunctional team (marketing, finance and logistics) to ensure all strategies are understood and supported, and the levels of resource and support required are aligned with each function lead.
3. Build, develop and promote the sales team;
- To work alongside the HR Business Partner, to create and implement an appropriate talent and succession approach for the next 3 years.
- To communicate clearly KPIs, targets and business objectives for all individuals and the collective team.
- To prioritise and conduct regular weekly, monthly and quarterly 1:1 meetings with direct reports, prioritising their personal and professional development.
- To support the wider Ireland Dyson leadership team, leading by example as a senior member and supporting leading the business alongside the Country Manager.
- To identify gaps in knowledge and skills in the team, build appropriate learning and development solutions, and work alongside the HR Business Partner and Country Manager to create a strong, genuine and progressive People agenda for the Sales team and wider business.
4. Lead the controlled retail strategy through the Retail Activation function;
- Control and monitor the P&L for physical retail, delivering cost effective solutions across the portfolio.
- Monitor the ROI of all Expert & Stylist programmes.
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with Sales, Marketing and the Digital team to ensure that plans are connected and integrated. Work closely with Group Retail and Group Commercial teams to ensure that the customer experience is consistently executed across all portfolio.
5. First class execution of Dyson plans with Ireland customers;
- Manage the Dyson account manager team to deliver business goals including
- Negotiating retailer terms.
- Designing and delivering the national retail marketing and activation plan.
- The development and implementation of sector leading in store environments, from fixtures, training and Dyson Expert demonstration plans.
- The development and implementation of sector leading omnichannel retailer marketing plans.
- Be channel leaders in all categories, new and existing.
- Deliver world class NPD launches.
6. Fulfil other duties as required;
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Fix things that you can see need fixing.
SkillsThe successful candidate will be a well-rounded, ambitious and passionate individual, with a transferable skillset, who is looking to bring pace, transformation and commerciality to our team. Surrounded by a competent and experienced team, we are looking for someone who has a proven ability to lead diverse and inclusive teams, to motivate and engage in-house and remote teams, translate the strategic vision to the operational day to day, and to genuinely want to drive transformation and progression across the Dyson Ireland business.
The seniority of this role poses great prospects for future development, both personal and professional throughout the wider Dyson business, and is often seen as a “breeder” role for our future senior leadership roles across Dyson.
It is as important for us, as it is for you, to be the right fit and partnership. With this in mind, please find below greater detail of the experience, skills and capabilities we deem essential/desirable, for an individual to be set up for success.
- Experience working in a National Account Controller roll, preferably within the Electrical or FMCG industries.
- Experience leading a Sales Team, including National Accounts, Demonstration and Field Sales roles.
- Experience influencing and leading across functions, including at a senior level.
- Experience leading a team to own retailer and supplier P&L’s, Joint Business Plans and terms negotiations.
- Experience in working with a complex in-store environment.
- Experience restructuring or recruiting growing teams.
- Degree of 2:1 or above
- The ability to demonstrate effective, genuine and strong leadership skills.
- A natural ability to win hearts and minds.
- To be a strong communicator, able to handle challenging & escalated customer situations in a brand-positive manner.
- Strong analytical skills, paired with the ability to translate day to day results, into a strategic and long term objective.
- To be able to handle advanced negotiation situations, efficiently and effectively with the customer at heart.
- To be a skilled and confident sales person, coupled with strong presentation skills.
- The ability to articulate yourself, and your vision clearly and convincingly.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint.
- A natural propensity to identify, seek and proactively pursue commercially advantageous opportunities.
- The aforementioned ability to win hearts and minds, the ability to engage people with your vision, ideas and direction.
- The ability to engage and communicate with large groups of people, knowing your audience and adapting your style to suit.
- To be a genuine team player, to support your team, and to bring the best out of those around you.
- To have a natural commercial flair, and a natural competitiveness.
- To be creative, to challenge the norm and to constantly be seeking new and improved ways of working.
- To be receptive and keen for change, to embrace the unknown and be agile to new situations.
- To be results driven, to dive down into the root cause and to understand and link these drivers to our commercial performance.