- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Provide leadership and strategic direction to a team of IT Architects who design and maintain the technical landscape for the IT application portfolio across all Dyson markets globally. This role is expected to instil and manage the end to end operations of a world class Business Application design practice, including working with local markets, regional directors and IT professionals across the globe.
- Build Solution Architecture practice from ground up with services catalogue, SOPs, supply and demand analysis and strong leadership.
- Act as trusted a complex solution consultant to the Global IT Director of Business Applications, the wider Global IT Senior Leadership team and the CIO where required.
- Define and lead the strategic vision across global IT for the solution architecture practice
- Build and lead a high performing team of technical and solution design professionals
- Establish and maintain effective E2E design principles, governance & ways of working
- Maintain alignment with enterprise principles on architectural and application roadmap strategies
- Manage architectural demand in line with global IT PMO processes
- Manage architectural supply in line with global IT resourcing processes
- Create and maintain an architectural knowledge base for the global IT application landscape
- Create and maintain an architectural knowledge base for the global IT environment landscape
- Produce the ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ architectural states for application services projects and programmes
- Provide technical insight for portfolio shaping, feature development and reduction of technical debt
- Identify, manage and mitigate risk from design decisions across the global IT application landscape
- Publish routine MI on technical dependencies across application services projects and programmes
- Produce director level MI reports on solution architecture practice trends and status
- Strong solution consulting skills. Able to take high level often ambiguous requirements from a fast retail environment lead a team to play back options in ambitious timelines.
- Experience of managing large and often complex technical design teams that include enterprise and solution level architectural designs.
- Experience in implementing and shaping the company’s technical strategy for application design.
- Proven experience of leading, coaching and mentoring a large team of technical professionals.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines