- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson’s policy is to conduct all of our business in a legal, ethical and responsible manner. We are not satisfied with just being compliant, we want to be better and Health and Safety is no exception. We recognise that there must be continual improvement in Health and Safety to maintain a five star experience that protects and enables our employees, visitors, owners, shoppers and our business partners.
The Global Health and Safety Team provides competent advice, support, assistance and assurance throughout Dyson. They also develop and continually improve the Global Health and Safety Management System.
About the roleA key member of the EMEA Health & Safety Team, the role (beyond ensuring compliance) will assist in developing the Health, Safety and Wellbeing culture of Dyson. The role is responsible for executing all Health and Safety tasks in accordance with Dyson policy under the guidance of the Senior Health & Safety Manager (EMEA), throughout Dyson’s EMEA sites.
This will span a variety of property types and locations, and will work out of the UK Malmesbury/Hullavington Campuses. Working alongside, and in support of, the other key personnel including Project Managers, Building Services Managers, Facilities Managers and Site Health and Safety Champions, this role will involve extensive stakeholder interaction and liaison.
- Improving and updating the health and safety arrangements at Dyson.
- Supporting employees at all levels to understand their responsibilities with respect to health and safety.
- Providing practical advice and guidance to ensure that employees are able to carry out their tasks and activities in a safe manner.
- Delivering the health and safety message at Dyson induction courses and other briefings.
- Working with other members of the Health and Safety Team in developing and delivering training courses such a risk assessment, fire safety, manual handling and chemical safety.
- Working with departments on developing and implementing their risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Collating and analysing the accidents and incidents which occur across Dyson.
- Assisting managers and/or carrying out accident/incident investigations then tracking key recommendations to ensure that they are actioned.
- Providing advice and assurance across the EMEA region for our offices, retail sites and service centres.
- Manage the contractor process within our UK sites by providing advice and guidance as required.
- Provide guidance and advice to the Estates Project and Building Services Teams on CDM and building related matters.
- Working within the Team on the management of fire safety; this will include managing the fire risk assessments, their actions, fire logs, fire marshals etc.
- Gaining knowledge and experience by managing and working alongside external health and safety consultants.
- Developing procedures and audit programmes suitable to the needs of each function.
- Supporting the health and safety Committees and champions in each function/location.
- Undertaking other responsibilities associated with managing health and safety in its broadest sense which may arise from time to time.
- Good communicator; ability to convey Health and Safety issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- Good analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions.
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior managers where necessary.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a level of competence in Health and Safety in order to gain stakeholder confidence.
- Assertive; prepared to act where required.
- Ability to deliver training in a clear and concise manner with confidence.
- Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft package software.
- Willingness to show initiative.
Experience / Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
- Educated to degree level (desirable).
- National NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
- To have at least 2 years’ experience as a Health & Safety Adviser or similar.
- Notwithstanding the general requirements above, we are looking for passionate and innovative people in our team, with a strong desire to grow.
- Whilst ensuring Dyson maintains legal compliance and works towards best practice, the role holder will need to demonstrate flexibility in their approach and maintain a proactive can-do attitude and work towards the success of the whole Dyson team and not just the functional area.
- Be an ambassador, vocal advocate, influencer and presence for Health and Safety management.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to build a network of connections both internally and externally.
- Ability to work sensitively, discretely, and effectively across Dyson.
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.