- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
We believe that accidents and injuries can be, and must be prevented. We also believe that proactive and positive Health and Safety practice, provides the foundation for the consistent Quality of our products. There has been much work already undertaken in partnership with our contract manufactures, nonetheless we strive to continual improve and raise our standards.
The Global Environment, Health and Safety’ (EHS) Team’s purpose is to contribute to Dyson’s future growth by maintaining a 5* experience for our Employees, Shoppers, Owner’s and Business Partners. This includes the prevention of foreseeable harm, optimal people performance and well-being, reducing our impact on our Environment and the avoidance of significant business disruption or other operational loss.
About the roleThe role holder will be primarily responsible for providing competent and innovative H&S partnership to Dyson’s Tier 1 contract manufacturing operation and supporting sites. The role (representing Dyson as local Client for H&S), will be a visual champion, for the prevention of foreseeable harm, optimal people performance and well-being, and the avoidance of significant business disruption or other operational loss with our business partners.
The role holder is also responsible for managing a team of H&S professionals deployed at MDC and MAM.This will include ensuring that Dysons H&S Standards are met in addition to planning, establishing, directing and implementing a recognised H&S management system and assurance programme to ensure regulatory compliance, and measuring the effectiveness existing practice and assure correction of deficiencies.
- Be the subject matter expert for H&S management enquiries / escalations and provide, advice, support, training and coaching. This will be enhanced through frequent and effective engagement, communication and partnership with the strategic suppliers and vendors site management teams.
- Key EHS topics of this role will cover (but will not be limited) to:
- Environment: Internal environmental initiatives, waste, energy management, pollution prevention and control / environmental permitting, site drainage / discharge consents.
- Health and Safety: Control of hazardous substances, electrical safety, robotic safety, fire safety, emergency response, training & awareness, inductions, manual handling, management of vehicles and pedestrians / workers), working at height, permit to work, energy storage, laboratories and workshops, occupational health & hygiene (e.g. statutory medicals, health surveillance & monitoring, return to work assessments, personal evacuation emergency plans, new & expectant mothers), local exhaust ventilation, pressure vessels, radiation, safe selection and use of third party contractors, vibration and applied ergonomics.
- Use the independent third-party review as a baseline, the role holder will ensure that Dyson’s standards are maintained together with providing partnership advice on how good practice can permeate to the sub contracted tiers. This will include providing oversight to the resolution of actions/issues.
- Undertake targeted H&S assurance that is proportional to the risk and must not replicate the independent audits undertake by the local Sustainability Teams.
- Maintain a regular review of the identification and control of high-risk activities, such as working in confined spaces.
- Establish a network of H&S stakeholders across the Tier 1 contract manufacturers and maintain regular communication, review and performance metrics relating Dyson H&S Standards.
- Work in partnership to investigate to prevent a reoccurrence for serious accidents and injuries. Learning outcomes (where relevant) should be shared across the Tier 1 network.
- Develop innovative (specific and cross network) H&S Programmes, which can clearly demonstrate value.
- Implement Dyson’s H&S Standards. Ensure appropriate process safety related assessments are carried out (e.g. Specific Operations Risk Assessment, SORAs) to ensure that risks associated with safety system by passes/defects, defective Safety Critical Elements (SCE’s), overdue SCE inspections are appropriately assessed and managed consistent with the design intent and that appropriate interim measures are in place.
- Create, manage and maintain a factory H&S Management System to ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015. Manage internal and external H&S audits and programs in relation to these standards and also other interested parties (e.g. Sustainability Team, Internal Audit, Insurance, Regulators). Develop action plans to resolve findings, and implement countermeasures promptly and effectively.
- Contribute to and utilise Global H&S Process and systems such as the Global incident reporting system and the Global legal compliance tool.
- Support through partnering, the capital project process to ensure that H&S matters are identified and considered at an early stage in the project. Ensuring operational H&S requirements are in place for all workplace projects, in particular supporting Dyson with its Design for Safety obligations.
- Ensure effective H&S governance structures are in place.
- Monitor all related H&S incidents. Provide assistance and support to managers and where necessary personally investigate serious H&S incidents to identify underlying causes; recording findings and recommendations.
- Assist factory and regional leadership in assessing H&S related business risks and establishing annual targets for the region. Analyse performance, set strategies, and lead development and implementation of action plans for year over year improvement.
- Plan, develop and implement H&S management strategy, programs, policies and procedures that ensures full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Ensures that standard work exists for the management and preparation and submission of H&S reports in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and customer requirements.
- Lead facility H&S review process to help management detect accident/health hazards and determine corrective or preventative measures and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented and are producing the desired results.
- Compile and submit KPIs & metrics on H&S events and provides updates on the progress towards H&S targets, on site H&S and facility activities, and any agency/regulatory inspections/violations. Includes partnering, with the Regional H&S Manager in assessing H&S related business risks and establishing annual H&S targets for the location. Analyse performance, sets strategies, and leads development and implementation of action plans for year over year improvement.
- Provide leadership on H&S issues and assist management in understanding business impacts of H&S facility issues thereby enabling prudent allocation of resources and decision-making and assist them in identifying and implements corrective measures to improve the site’s H&S performance against goals.
- 10 years (min) experience working in a manufacturing or process plant.
- Management of Supplier and Contract Manufacturer Assurance programme(High Desirable).
- Manufacturing EHS Applied Ergonomics (Highly Desirable)
- Experience of implementing ISO 14001:2015 & 45001:2018 (Highly Desirable)
- People Management experience.
- Proven ability to mitigate unforeseen problems creatively and effectively.
- Understanding of H&S legal frameworks, and have the ability and resourcefulness to determine the practical application of the requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of working in partnership with the local regulatory and Industry EHS Groups.
- Great communication skills
- A degree in a relevant field
- A recognised EHS qualification (At least level 5, preferably level 6)
- DOSH Registered Safety and Health Officer (Essential)
- Chartered membership of the Institution of Occupational Health and Safety (CMIOSH) – (Highly Desirable)
- Demonstrable continuing professional development (CPD)
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to make sure we offer competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy comprehensive medical care and insurance, and shift and transport allowances. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and voluntary workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.