- Alabang, Muntinlupa, Philippines
From its origins in a small workshop in rural England, Dyson has grown into a technology company with a global footprint. We have offices from Auckland to Zurich, via Singapore, Moscow and Chicago. While engineering remains at our core, our passion for problem solving across different disciplines runs throughout our business. We're a diverse workforce made up of people with different Dyson behaviours.
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 25 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes). We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
About the role
The role holder is responsible for providing competent H&S advice, support and assistance, (Including RDD), although the large majority of this role with be within Alabang SW office and be the administrator of APAC Health and Safety Management System (AVA). This role will include managing key H&S programs for the workplace and acts as to the site management on H&S matters.
This role will be responsible as the main administrator for Global Health & Safety Management System for the APAC region. As the main APAC H&S Management System administrator , the role provides all administration support to the locations in APAC including Dyson’s Contract Manufacturers and Supplier locations, in partnership with the Regional H&S Manager as required.
The role holder will also contribute to and implement the Global H&S strategy within this area of responsibility, and wider (as required).
In the context of the scope of this role:
- advice, support, training, coaching and incidents. This will be enhanced through frequent and effective engagement & communication with the relevant management teams.
· Contribute, manage, maintain and evolve the Global H&S Management System (AVA), tasks covring the APAC region will include (but not limited) to:
- Creation of audit templates.
- Maintaining the user and location hierarchy.
- Developing dashboards and reports.
- Review incident data.
- Contribute, manage, maintain and evolve (but not limited to): Global legislation database (Enhesa), Learning management system, Global & Regional H&S Sharepoint site (motor).
- to ensure a robust approach to fire life safety is adopted throughout the site.
- Develop H&S training plan and roll up of internal and external trainings.
- Establishing location H&S committee structure’s ensuring communication of best practice and worker engagement.
- Monitor all related H&S incidents. Provide assistance and support to managers and where necessary personally investigate serious H&S incidents to identify underlying causes; recording findings and recommendations.
- Partner with the Workplace Team to ensure that regulated statutory inspections are undertaken.
- Assists site leadership in assessing H&S related business risks and establishing annual targets for the site. Analyzes performance, sets strategies, and leads development and implementation of action plans for year over year improvement.
- Own and support the development and implementation with the following parts of the global and regional management system:
o H&S objectives, targets, policies, processes, procedures or standards.
o Providing leading and lagging measurements on H&S performance and provide internal and external reporting as required.
- Undertake any other role related task as outlined by the Regional H&S Manager.
· 3 years (min) experience preferably in the field of occupational safety and health in the electronic manufacturing industries with laboratories or test workshops setting.
- Familiar and understanding of H&S legal frameworks within the country, and have the ability and resourcefulness to determine the practical application of the requirements.
- Experience of managing and evolving online Safety Management Systems.
- Demonstrable experience of working in partnership with regulatory and enforcement officers.
- English (essential).
· A recognised H&S qualification*
· Registered Safety & Health Officer.
* Or actively working towards for exceptional candidates with significant experience and/or qualification.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and relocation assistance. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.