- Information Technology
Reporting to the Technical Services Lead, the Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for -
- Performing infrastructure daily checks and working with partners to resolved day to day operational issues.
- Performing, monitoring and improving infrastructure performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Managing, responding and resolving to infrastructure alerts.
- Ensuring the resolution of incidents and requests in SLA to improve service.
- Working with partners and security teams to ensure services are secure and compliant.
- Managing technical change which impacts IT Infrastructure Services ensuring minimal risk.
- Participating regular DR reviews, tests and performance testing.
- Owning hardware and software patching process both automated and manual.
- Assist with capacity planning reports.
- Providing 3rd / 4th line support of Physical/Virtual Windows Servers and HPE SAN’s, using the published processes and procedures for guidance.
- Maintain uptime levels and improve the running of the infrastructure.
- Make sure all systems & data at Dyson are protected.
- Manage 3rd Party relationships with key partners.
- Publish, improve and manage internal I.T. documentation and processes.
- Work with IT Infrastructure Design and Delivery functions to ensure quality of service and ensure support is planned into all infrastructure solutions and appropriate support models in place.
- Assist with reviewing and delivering the improvement of the global infrastructure landscape.
- ITIL level qualification (ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management).
- Third line fault repair and vendor escalations.
- Microsoft Windows 2003 / 2008 / 2012/ 2016 - Bare Metal Builds / Recovery, Windows Clustering, WINS / DNS / DHCP, Active Directory.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016 - Installation & Maintenance, Fault Finding.
- Microsoft key products - Hyper-V, DFSR, SharePoint, SCCM.
- VMware - Installation and configuration, Maintenance and Support and recovery.
- Strong hardware experience, including: Configuration of HP Servers and blades, SAN/NAS (HP MAS/EVA/3PAR and Nimble)
- Basic understanding of the following Networking technologies - TCP/IP (LAN Addressing, Public IP routing, WAN and replication technologies)
- MCSE Qualified.
- VCP Qualified.
- Dedicated to providing IT solutions and managing relationships with key business areas as well as 3rd parties.
- Proficient problem solver who is able to manage ambiguity and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Confident communicator, via email, telephone and face to face.
- Ability to communicate complex I.T. information to non-technical audience with clarity.
- Strong planning & time management skills.
- Good understanding delivering success in an I.T. function.
- Able to engage the business at all levels to solve problems and implement improvements.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- Comfortable working outside of core working hours when necessary to meet demand.