- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Workplace Services team
The Digital Workplace Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
- Deliver world class Service Desk, End User Computing, Collaboration, Legal, Payroll, Communications and HR IT Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are followed
- Drive continual improvement into the Digital Workplace services space in line with Dyson’s growth
- Deliver a roadmap for all Digital Work place services to drive transformation required to support Dyson’s blueprint
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the roleReporting to the Senior Regional DWS IT Service Manager, you will be responsible for provisioning world class global IT Service Delivery for all Digital Workplace IT services in your region, market or function e.g China, RDD, HR etc.
You will be accountable for providing end to end IT service ownership across all Digital Workplace Services through demand, design, delivery, operations, CSI and service retirement/replacement for your market, region or function. You will comply with Service Management standards, processes and SLA’s. You will ensure the successful service design, transition, operation and improvement to existing, new and amended IT Digital Workplace services for your market or function. You will work alongside the wider global DWS Team as well as your regional team to ensure that IT DWS Services are delivered effectively and efficiently in your market, region or function. You are required to contribute to the creation of a successful Service Delivery strategy/roadmap for any market or function specific services.
- Working with the Senior Regional DWS IT Service Manager and Senior business stakeholders in your market or function to develop and deliver short, medium and long term plans for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of end to end service delivery management across all Digital Workplace Services that will generate a significant, positive impact on profitability and strategic direction, through improved stability, capacity management, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Working with the Head of DWS IT Services and your regional Senior IT DWS Manager to define, implement and communicate to your market or function a global service delivery management strategy for Digital Workplace services and ensure that it remains current and fit for purpose for your market or function. Where global standards are set and maintained only market variations are permitted for legislative and compliance reasons.
- Support the extended regional DWS team (Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers etc) to ensure that DWS IT Services are delivered to a high standard for new and existing services in your market or function.
- Partner with function or market/region senior business stakeholders to manage and plan their demand of IT delivery alongside the required budgets. Rolling up into a global DWS annual budget plan.
- Manage DWS budget (operational and project) for market or function specific initiatives
- Ensure strong third party management for those delivering and supplying DWS services and compliance to delivery and operational standards in your market or function e.g. incident management process, SLA compliance etc.
- Report on defined service delivery KPI’s and SLA’s for your market or function and continually drive for improvements
- Own and manage regular service reviews with your market or function business stakeholders and IT suppliers in markets. Produce regular reporting on all elements of DWS regional services (demand, delivery, operations and CSI)
- Evidence compliance of the demand, delivery and operational standards including CSI for your market or function.
- Ensure that for any existing, new or amended IT services being introduced that a service design is created and approved and that the service is transitioned effectively and smoothly into service operations that is fit for purpose for your market or function.
- Stay abreast of trends in Service Management and Digital Workplace Services including management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other external changes that could have an impact on IT services for your market or function.
- Ensure that the DWS team and third parties are working within the bounds of Dyson’s policies and any global, regional or country level legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI, Cyber Security standards etc
- Effectively manage market or function operational risks and issues for Digital Workplace Services
- Provide on call support for weekends and national holidays in order to provide 24/7/365 DWS Service Owner support for major incidents/escalations.
- Provide major incident support for DWS Services in a follow the sun approach
About youYou must possess very strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key business stakeholders up to Market or Function Senior Leadership level. You will also possess strong IT third party management skills for different sizes and complexities. You must demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be-able to manage third parties across your market.
- Previous experience as a Service Operations and/or Service Delivery Management role in a similar sized global organisation (2 years)
- ITIL trained
- A professional who can provide examples of transforming service delivery within a global company at a market/function level
- A natural problem solver
- Ability to deliver against a strategic direction for Digital Workplace services
- Experience with Vendor and Contract Management
- Strong management and leadership skills
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free on site Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.