- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
With a ‘one-team’ approach, the global community are on a mission to…
- …evolve existing solutions to stay ahead
- …embed emerging solutions to capitalise on potential benefits
- …deliver conceptualised & future solutions to introduce net-new capability
Our Data Team As the ‘hub’ team delivering the data, technology and community provision enabling Dyson’s global data and analytics capabilities, Global Data Function have end-to-end responsibility for data from foundations (DQ, MDM) to management (data platforms, integrations), to value realisation (analytics enablement and delivery).
The team is a multi-disciplinary, global team proving round-the-clock development and operations – including product and project management, community enablement, governance, data architecture, data engineering, data science, and analytics expertise.
Involved with every aspect of Dyson’s global business - from finance to product development, manufacturing to owner experience – Data is enjoying record-breaking investment and mandate for 2021 and beyond, seeking to deliver solutions generating impressive and tangible business value.
About the roleThis dynamic and fast paced role is pivotal to the success of Dysons Data function. Reporting to the Head of Data Operations, the Service Operations Manager will be responsible for provisioning world class service delivery and operational support for platforms and products that span across Dyson globally.
Working across a large number of data services, products and platforms, you will ensure the effective delivery of data to customers internally within Dyson. You will be at the core of delivering our “Follow the Sun” support model, whilst ensuring day-to-day operational issues are handled effectively at pace through collaboration. You will ensure that our data platforms and product support is delivered to the highest standards. You will be responsible for managing relationships with external support partners who provide first, second and third line support to our Dyson Data Environment (DDE). Due to the nature of the role, there may be times where we need to call on you to work additional hours, such as our PEAK trading period which can be a very exciting time of the year where service operations has an opportunity to shine. You will seek to continually improve our operating model whilst providing support to various data projects, to ensure that robust service models are defined and that projects are smoothly transitioned into support.
You will be responsible for;
- Service Operations
- Leading the operation of data services and the creation and measurement of SLA’s
- Responsible for driving preventative maintenance and root cause identification
- Defining and delivering continuous improvement programmes so that, where applicable, systems deliver a continuously improving performance to the data team
- Planning world class operations and service delivery support for Dysons PEAK trading period
- Leading regular operational performance review meetings with the business to feedback on performance and discuss continuous improvement opportunities
- Acting as the 1st point of escalation and communication within the domain for major incidents
- Overseeing plans for the operation of early life support for new data products and platforms
- Managing a high volume of change through the live data environment in a safe, secure and coordinated fashion, including the service Go Live review and transition
- Service Design, Delivery & Transition
- Leading the planning service designs, strategy, availability, capacity, security, disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Leading on the creation and management of support models for new/amended Data Services
- Seeking opportunities to improve service provision
- Working with Service Support to plan the capacity and availability of systems
- Own and lead a Customer Service Improvement Plan (CSIP) for your domain and ensure this is communicated to the relevant stakeholders.
- Own, track and monitor the Data services risk register and ensure necessary risks are communicated to the relevant stakeholders.
- Define, track and report on the service acceptance criteria of new/amended Data services
- Drive effective transition of products and services to BAU support
- Continually improve resolution time frames by ‘shifting left’ within the support structure
- Working with the IT project teams to ensure that post live support documentation is completed to an acceptable standard and that new/amended Data Services are transitioned smoothly into service operations.
- Review and approve in principle all change affecting Data Services prior to the next approval stage and presentation at the Change Advisory Board
- Stakeholder & Supplier engagement
- Building strong relationships with the wider business and external suppliers to ensure regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and any service issues where the business requires direct regular communication.
- Ensuring processes and procedures for supplier contract and performance review are in place
- Establishing clear engagement and management controls with service suppliers
- Governing the services provided by the supplier to ensure contract obligations are being delivered and SLA’s are being met.
About youPreferred Experience:
- Strong experience within Service Delivery/Operations Management
- Proven track record of successfully managing 3rd party suppliers (onshore and offshore)
- Proven track record of driving and delivering consistent service improvements
- Experience working with Analytics tools, Cloud Technologies, data warehouses and data platforms.
- Commercial experience working with Statements of Work (SOW)
- Experience developing operational metrics
- Strong experience of working to ITIL processes and project management methodologies
- Experience in the creation of Service Designs and delivery
- Experience working with service management tools such as Jira and ServiceNow
- Experience operating in an Agile/Dev Ops software delivery environment
- Self-driven Individual with the capability to break out of their comfort zone
- Collaborative and Team-oriented, with the ability to share and communicate effectively with a broad range of people internally and externally at Dyson
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, meet deadlines and achieve objectives
- Highly resilient and ability to adapt well under pressure
- Able to demonstrate passion for Service Operations in Data and IT
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proficient presenting and explaining technical information in a non-technical way
- Good understanding of technology and process optimization techniques e.g. standardisation, consolidation, simplification and automation and an appetite for continuous improvement.
- Comfortable working outside of core working hours when necessary to complete tasks (PEAK Trading times)
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.