- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Product Design
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson are looking for an experienced Industrial Design Manager at our Singapore Campus. As the Industrial Design Manager (SEA), you will work within the Global Design and Product Experience team and establish our industrial design team in South East Asia. You will be responsible for Dyson’s entire product portfolio across all categories whilst championing design and user experience to other parts of the business. You will be highly knowledgeable of production, manufacturing processes, and materials development. You will look beyond legacy and challenge expected product execution in order to elevate the design intent. You will travel frequently to collaborate with our Research Design & Development teams as well as establish and build relationships with our global development and manufacturing network.
About the role
- Lead and establish the Industrial Design team in South East Asia
- Own the look and feel of Dyson’s products
- Constantly aware of the latest challenges and potential opportunities that arise in development and manufacturing.
- Develop innovative and user-centric solutions in every step of the product development process.
- Ensure delivery of products according to the established design vision.
- Host all Design & Product Experience reviews with senior stakeholders taking place in SEA
- Willing to challenge assumptions and bring the ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas to the unique problems associated to achieving ‘best-in-class’ design.
- Zoom-in and sweat the intricate details while still keeping the overall design intent in mind.
- Utilise digital and physical tools (models, physical rigs, renderings, 2D prints) for validation.
- Quickly visualise multiple design solutions at a very hi-resolution.
- Collaborate with our global network of designers and engineers
- Direct prototyping resource to accurately demonstrate and communicate solutions.
- A degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, or equivalent
- 7+ years of hands-on design experience.
- 2+ years of design management experience
- Proven experience in developing products from concept to production.
- Incredibly skilled in sketching, form giving, 3D surface quality, and 3D modelling.
- Highly skilled in 3D CAD applications (NX, Rhino, Alias, Solidworks, etc).
- Experienced in rendering software (Keyshot, VRed, etc).
- Proficient in 2D design software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, etc).
- Excellent communicator with the ability to clearly present ideas both verbally and visually.
- Assertive and diplomatic – a great collaborator and receptive of constructive criticism.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.