- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Product Design
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson are looking for a talented Industrial Designer at our Singapore Campus. As an Industrial Designer (SEA), you will work within our newly established industrial design group in South East Asia under the Global Design and Product Experience team. You will have the opportunity to work on Dyson’s entire product portfolio across all categories. You will look beyond legacy and challenge expected product execution in order to elevate the design intent. You will travel frequently to collaborate with our Research Design & Development team and global development and manufacturing network.
About the role
- Own the look and feel of Dyson’s products
- Constantly aware of the latest challenges and potential opportunities that arise in development and manufacturing.
- Develop innovative and user-centric solutions in every step of the product development process.
- Ensure delivery of products according to the established design vision.
- Supporting Design and Product Experience reviews with senior stakeholders taking place in SEA
- Willing to challenge assumptions and bring the ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas to the unique problems associated to achieving ‘best-in-class’ design.
- Zoom-in and sweat the intricate details of the design while still keeping the overall design intent in mind.
- Utilise digital and physical tools (models, physical rigs, renderings, 2D prints) to validate design solutions.
- Quickly visualise multiple design solutions at a very hi-resolution.
- Collaborate with our global network of designers and engineers
- Direct prototyping resource to accurately demonstrate and communicate solutions.
- A degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, or equivalent
- 2+ years of hands on design experience.
- Experience in developing products from concept to production.
- Skilled in sketching, form giving, 3D surface quality, and 3D modelling.
- Skilled in 3D CAD applications (NX, Rhino, Alias, Solidworks, etc).
- Knowledgeable in rendering software (Keyshot, VRed, etc).
- Proficient in 2D design software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, etc).
- Excellent communicator with the ability to clearly present ideas both verbally and visually.
- Assertive and diplomatic – a great collaborator and receptive of constructive criticism.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.