- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The role is to monitor and support the management of information created and held within our Business. Analysing and contextualising current ‘pockets of information’ through Business engagement and reporting. The role will focus on a Global discovery project initially and develop into an optimisation and maturity development thereafter.
AccountabilitiesThe overall purpose of this role is to:
- Communicate, educate and raise awareness of information policies and standards
- Support business areas to embed policies, standards and controls into their operational processes
- Report on the extent to which embedded controls mitigate information risk, and
- Escalate critical and significant risk to ensure that the potential impact to the business is understood.
Global Information Management and Governance (IMG)
- Support the Global Head of Information Management and Governance to implement information and data management policies, processes, procedures and guides across Dyson
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of Records Management Policy (supporting compliance with global requirements for Quality Management and Document Control)
- Contribute to the Annual Review of Information Governance Policy Framework
- Maintain awareness raising, advisory and guidance material shared through internal means
- Support with the setup and champion Information Management stakeholder engagement boards
- Escalate any incident or breach affecting information or data
- Provide support and leadership towards any task assigned to or/and undertaken by IMG
- Creation and provision of a number of agreed reporting outputs in different formats (ie. dashboards, written reports, presentations, etc); for analytics, progress and development purposes.
- Work with eDiscovery Specialist to ensure that;
- Information and data is routinely assessed to understand ‘litigation readiness’
- All staff understand their responsibility for managing information to support litigation discovery and disclosure.
- Work with end users, IT and Process Owners for Information to ensure that;
- Information and owners are identified across Dyson
- Information is classified in accordance to Global IMG requirements
- Map Information maturity models
- Map end-to-end Information flow process
- Identify and optimise systems used for information storage at different levels of maturity
- Identify quality and critical records across Dyson
- Support and contribute towards the development of IT Systems and automated processing to align business requirements, policy, law and regulations affecting information and data
- Advocate and champion ‘good information practice’, aligning IMG principles with different Business functions
- Provide advice and guidance to resolve issues affecting information and data
- Provide oversight and report on effectiveness of IM Controls, creating a risk based view of information
- Maintain an IMG risk register across Dyson
- Deliver training, support and awareness activities across different functions
SkillsEssential:Information Management Specific:
- Knowledge of Records Management theory and delivery
- Experience of working in a records management role.
- Experience and understanding of Records Management/ Document Control in an engineering discipline (ideally working within a quality management framework aligned to relevant ISO standards).
- Ability to collect and track data, and to analyse data to derive actionable insights.
- Great relationship building skills – a compelling communicator and engager
- Ability to author technical documents
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to convey complex data into reporting outputs aimed at less technical audiences
- Able to work independently as well as a part of a Team
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
Project Management Specific:
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to undertake complex analysis / problem solving and communicate the results clearly.
- Ability to organize and deliver meetings and workshops to support the delivery of projects.
- Strong planning and time management.
- Ability to manage workload to deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to co-ordinate and influence others to deliver objectives of projects.
- Ability to work with integrity and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to support the development of an approach & manage plans to achieve the deliverables related to the role.
- Educated to degree level in Information Systems, Business Systems, Project Management or related
- At least 3 years’ experience in an information Business Analytics role
- Project Management Qualifications
- Information Management principles
- Information Systems
- Project management.
- Business process analysis.
- Training development and delivery.
- Analysis and interpretation of data
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines