- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Capitalising on the entrepreneurial culture that pervades Dyson, you will be part of team that is of a critical importance. You will drive a practical, intuitive approach to data governance in the O365 space that works for the whole business but doesn’t constraints its flair and spirit.
The successful candidate will be responsible for not only imparting the value and importance of good data governance but also exciting people about the possibilities it affords.
About the roleThe role is a member of the Data Transformation team that delivers new and updated data policies and frameworks, and embeds new ways of working within the business. This team is part of the company-wide Global Data Governance function that has the overall objective to ensure Dyson data is utilised and managed appropriately, safely & consistently across the organisation.
With the rollout of M365 Dyson is expected to undertake a significant amount of IM related changes. The IM analyst will be expected to support the Head of Data Transformation (DT) in this journey and help embed Information Management practices & process across Functions.
- Work with IT to collect data in order to gain insights into the existing IM practices
- Provide DG input in IT solution development process ensuring that it incorporates regulatory and compliance requirements
- Work with business and Head of DT to understand the impact of rollout functionality & plans on business
- Map out as-is and to-be state in order to develop best course of solutions/IT tools deployment
- Provide advice and create relevant guidance material for Functions for solutions/IT tool adoption
- Communicate upcoming change to Functions
- Pre & post deployment, analyse data to gain insights into working practices, adoption rates and underlying drivers/obstacles
- Work with Functions to increase adoption rate
- Help business optimise their existing & new IM processes
- Demonstrate and convey enthusiasm and expertise in O365 and Data Governance / Information Management topics
- Some technical understanding of O365, the MS roadmap in particular. Not a deep technical role
- Good understanding of business usage and exploitation opportunities
- Strong background in Data Governance and be able to support yourself in usual activities such policy definition, validation
- Implementing a data governance framework for unstructured data
- Enabling collaboration through data
- Evaluating and improving data / information availability, usability, security and integrity
- Getting buy in and overcoming resistance to new concepts and ways of working
- Bringing structure to ambiguous and complex scenarios
- Articulating data risk
- Delivering training, support materials and guidance
- Business change / transformation
- Data and Technology savvy person able to work with range of IT partners from areas such as data security, access control, analytics etc. in order to ensure policies are implementable via controls across linked systems.
- Although this is not a deeply technical role, in order to operate effectively must have a good understanding of technology enablers, opportunities and risks in relation to broader data management
- Capable of working independently in order to develop data governance frameworks, policies, principles & procedures
- Able to advise, lead and collaborate with data stewards, data stakeholders and the broader community
- Able to engage with and gain consensus from a diverse group of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Approachable yet strong individual who constantly seeks feedback in order to improve things
- Able to champion O365 Data Governance across a global business.
- Comfortable in working within a function which is building from scratch
- Practical and realistic meaning able to work with changing priorities and able to spot and focus on tangible outcomes as oppose to ideal-outcomes
- Able to challenge the norm and find better ways of doing things
- Collaborative + inclusive
- Working with technical / research communities
- Working with highly sensitive data
- Working with O365 data management capabilities
- Dealing with legacy data and / or data migrations
- Development of internal networks / communities of practice
- Broad business understanding and the role of data in business operations and governance
- Development of roadmaps
- Familiarity with regulations such as GDPR or Quality Management Systems
- Creative and ingenious
- Strategic thinker
- Able to motivate and inspire
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.