- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
Our Global Data Team The Global Data Function have end-to-end responsibility for data from the bedrock of data governance and information management, to analytics platforms and delivery of meaningful innovative insights.
Involved with every aspect of Dyson’s global business - from finance to product development, manufacturing to owner experience – Data is enjoying record-breaking investment and mandate for 2021 and beyond, everything we do seeks to release value from data and underpin Dyson Strategic Objectives.
About the roleThis role is a core member of the GDF Data Governance pillar. This role will champion information management excellence in our Head office in Singapore, defining, driving and measuring Information Management standards and transformation. Working closely with IT and business stakeholders, this role is instrumental in protecting our information and our business
The Information Management lead will be responsible for:
- Being the Singapore-based catalyst for continuous change in protecting our information and keeping our secrets secret.
- Working with IT pillars to deliver solutions and measurements across data classification, DLP, data retention, rights management, metadata standards and others
- Working with business stakeholders to deliver effective business change management in the way we use and manage our information
- Collaborating closely with IT functions including Digital Workplace services and CyberSecurity. Transforming standards to measured, effective technology solutions
- Working with Legal and Risk and Compliance on internal audits and readiness for external audits
- Measuring and articulating the tangible value of information management initiatives and excellence, develop effective metrics to measure progress towards targets
- Advise and support business areas in the development, agreement and adoption of best data practices and encourage business areas to comply to standard and policies.
- Prioritising issue resolution transparently and optimally with innovation and pragmatism
- Defining and delivering comms and training to support the above
- Remaining abreast of Information management current and emerging practices, risks, technologies and legislation.
- Contributing to governance forums with stakeholders as part of the overall GDF governance framework
- An inquisitive and innovative approach to identifying risks and opportunities
- When faced with competing business agendas, the empathy and clarity of mind to find the right path through and to take people with you
- An ability to pragmatically balance information management excellence against risk and commercial considerations
- Master degree or above educated in a relevant discipline and Data governance professional qualifications preferred but not essential
- An overriding drive to deliver impact and a capability to do so within information management and data governance are the essential qualifications
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.