- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
A diverse and collaborative global community spread across Dyson locations from Malmesbury to Chicago, Shanghai to Singapore delivers data and analytics excellence at Dyson. Significant recent investments in people and cloud technologies., combined with an broad scope and no shortage of ambition and momentum, data and analytics are recognised throughout the organisation, as critical to all of Dyson’s strategic objectives.
Our Global Data Team
The Global Data Function have end-to-end responsibility for data from the bedrock of data governance and information management, to analytics platforms and delivery of meaningful innovative insights.
Involved with every aspect of Dyson’s global business - from finance to product development, manufacturing to owner experience – Data is enjoying record-breaking investment and mandate for 2021 and beyond, everything we do seeks to release value from data and underpin Dyson Strategic Objectives.
About the roleThe Information management Manager role:
This role is a core member of the GDF Data Governance pillar, and a member of the GDF management team. This role will lead a team defining, championing, driving compliance, governing and measuring Information Management standards and transformation. Working closely with IT and business stakeholders, this role is instrumental in protecting our data and our business
You will be responsible for;
- Being the catalyst for continuous change in protecting our information and keeping our secrets secret.
- Working with people across Dyson to understand our information and instilling the need and knowledge to handle it with care.
- Defining and delivering strategy, standards and objectives for information management to underpin Dyson objectives, streamline the data function’s operations and protect the organisations interests.
- Being the core point of contact and clarity for Information Management standards, risks and initiatives.
- Working with IT pillars including CyberSec, and with group security to define and deliver solutions and measurements across data classification, DLP, data retention, rights management, metadata standards and others.
- Working with business stakeholders to deliver effective business change management in the way we use and manage our data.
- Collaborating closely with the legal function, translating legislative compliance policies to workable standards.
- Facilitating Business process changes with Data Owners to safeguard our data management practices across the organisation.
- Leading and developing the talent and people capability within the Data Governance team.
- Working with Legal and Risk and Compliance on internal audits and readiness for external audits.
- Measuring and articulating the tangible value of information management initiatives and excellence, develop effective metrics to measure progress towards targets
- Contributing to governance forums with senior stakeholders as part of the overall GDF governance framework.
- Prioritising issue resolution transparently and optimally with innovation and pragmatism.
- Managing suppliers, securing cost effective and high-quality service for information management engagements.
- Being an active member of the GDF Management team, building capability and culture across the end-to-end data function.
- Remaining abreast of Information management current and emerging practices, risks, technologies and legislation.
About youCompetencies, qualifications and qualities:
- An inquisitive and innovative approach to identifying risks and opportunities.
- When faced with competing business agendas, the empathy and clarity of mind to find the right path through and to take people with you.
- High levels of resilience and an ability to inspire information management excellence across the organisation.
- An ability to pragmatically balance information management excellence against risk and commercial considerations.
- Master degree or above educated in a relevant discipline and Data governance professional qualifications preferred but not essential
- An overriding drive to deliver impact and a capability to do so within information management and data governance are the essential qualifications.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.