- Singapore - Singapore
As part of the global Internal Audit team you will individually contribute in providing an independent assessment on the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes globally. In addition, you will also help ensure that potential improvements are identified and implemented. Depending on the successful candidate’s skills and experience, the role will either operate at a Senior Internal Auditor or Internal Audit Manager level.
This role will provide a unique insight into how the Group operates internationally and involves high levels of exposure to senior management, particularly in the Automotive business.
The role requires previous internal audit experience within the automotive sector, preferably covering design, manufacture, distribution, sales and service.
- Provide input to the Internal Audit Plan for agreement by the Audit Committee, drawing upon experience of the Automotive business
- Develop the objectives and scope of individual internal audit reviews for discussion with senior management
- Perform audit reviews in accordance with the agreed Internal Audit plan, individual review objectives and the function’s methodology
- Discuss findings with senior management on a timely basis
- Deliver high quality reports that succinctly identify practical opportunities to improve the effectiveness of internal controls
- Track progress in addressing agreed audit actions and effectively support the timely closure of audit issues through direct liaison with senior management
- Provide input to Executive, Board and Audit Committee reports as required, supporting enhancements to the insight and assurance provided therein
- Contribute to initiatives aimed at developing and improving the Group’s internal control, risk management and governance frameworks; and improving the Internal Audit & Risk function
- Act as a point of contact for governance, risk and control queries, driving and sharing best practice across the Group
- Liaise with external auditors and other sources of assurance to avoid duplication of work
- Assist with other ad-hoc projects and investigations as required
The successful candidate for the Internal Audit Manager role will be operating in an existing manager position; and in addition to the above will:
- Agree the objectives / scope of audit reviews and resulting remedial actions directly with senior management
- Apply the function’s Engagement Strategy, acting as business partner to the Automotive business and thus increasing the team’s understanding of the business and vice-versa.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Educated to degree level (2:1 or 1st) or equivalent
- Qualified accountant or equivalent professional qualification (e.g. Certified Internal Auditor)
- Demonstrates the highest levels of integrity at all times
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Confidence to work autonomously to deliver high quality results
- Proactive and commercial approach to problem solving
- Able to develop relationships across all areas of the business (internationally and outside of Finance) and to influence these stakeholders to effect change
- Able to work collaboratively and in partnership with other functions
- Good understanding of the Automotive industry; its key risks; and expected controls
- Drive to understand all aspects of the operations of Dyson Group
- Calm under pressure
- Diplomatic when presenting findings while remaining robust under challenge
- Credibility at senior management level
- Willingness to travel internationally (up to 50%), particularly to the UK, where the research, design and development of Dyson’s automotive products is based