- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Established in 2013, Weybourne is the Dyson family office. Weybourne manages investments and provides financial and other professional support to the family, their estates, and business interests. The latter covers a wide range of sectors, including farming, aviation, financial investments, commercial and residential property, music and several others. We currently have a team of around 65 employees, whose roles cover accountancy, financial control, tax and treasury, property and investment management, security, risk, and HR based in the both the UK and Singapore.
Our employees are offered a competitive reward package and the opportunity to work in a challenging and diverse environment. We’re really passionate about learning and have a strong focus on development through external courses, progression opportunities and cross skilling. We are proud of our well being offering and comprehensive employee engagement strategy.
Overview – Department
Risk and Audit are currently looking for an experienced Internal Auditor to join their small team. You will work with the Head of Risk and Audit to ensure the audit plan is delivered on time and to a high standard, whilst ensuring we add value to the business. In addition, assisting the business with managing risk in a proactive manner with consideration for the business risk appetite.
How we work: With an eye on the future, we work with a strong collective purpose to offer considered and practical advice to the family and their businesses. Acting in the Family’s best interest is, at all times, our primary focus. We are agile and nimble; we solve problems. Embracing a challenge is part of everyday life at Weybourne, and we are always up for a challenge! Innovation, courage of convictions and the drive to push new ideas through are qualities essential across all our team.
Where we are: We are based in Malmesbury and our site includes a sports center and gym, coffee bars, cafés, and free parking. Staff perks include generous staff discounts on a range of household appliances.
About the role
- Scoping audits in conjunction with the Head of Risk and Audit
- Executing audit fieldwork in a variety of locations within the UK (with potential travel to Singapore if required)
- Reporting audit findings to management at the end of audit fieldwork
- Issue/action tracking of audit actions
- Updating the Risk & Audit Management System
- Maintaining the risk registers for multiple business functions
- Manage key stakeholders in the audit process
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships across the company and other Family Office entities.
- Commitment to developing yourself within your role – undergoing training where necessary.
- Proactively promoting and maintaining high standards of work – taking initiative to resolve and/or draw attention to areas that do not meet required standards or any issues that arise.
- Conducting yourself in line with the Weybourne Values.
- Any other ad hoc duties.
Qualified Accountant or Auditor
Previous experience in an Internal Audit role, or similar position (involving some of the key tasks listed above).
Experience of managing multiple audits and key stakeholder relationships.
Excellent organisational skills.
Confident communication skills, with the ability to interact with individuals from a range of backgrounds.
Proactive and flexible approach to work.
Willing to take responsibility and ownership for tasks.
Strong sense of discretion, appreciating the confidentiality of the work.
Keen to suggest improvements to current ways of working.
Ability to work autonomously when required, whilst still possessing strong teamwork skills.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme – EAP
- Eyecare scheme
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.