- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials.
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Chicago - USA
- Location details
- Chicago, IL
Lead the inventory function for Dyson US by achieving and maintaining accurate inventory reporting and analysis. Qualified candidate will be able to identify issues, propose solutions, and see them through to resolution. Coach, guide, hold accountable, mentor, and be an inspirational leader to the Inventory team.
AccountabilitiesEnsure inventory levels in SAP are accurate and reconciled.
• Manage the daily inventory reconciliation process between Dyson and 3rd party logistics providers, including resolution of any reconciling items.
• Oversee transaction recording for all inventory movements outside of shipments.
• Ensure inventory levels in SAP are accurate by identifying, researching, analyzing, and resolving discrepancies.
• Support the month end close process by completing various inventory reports and analyses.
• Collaborate cross functionally to identify, evaluate, and implement initiatives.
• Provide external auditors with all required documentation.
Manage the Retailer and Consumer return process.
• Ensure credits are issued accurately and timely.
• Guide the team in analyzing and researching issues to ensure quick resolution.
• Analyze returns to identify trends/issues, evaluate the data and issue reporting to senior leadership.
• Work closely with the Dyson customer service team to drive process improvement.
Establish, maintain, and manage inventory movement processes with third party logistics providers.
• Develop and drive consistent best practices across multiple warehouses.
• Effectively communicate expectations and needs to maintain accurate inventory levels.
• Determine proper processes for non-standard transactions, clearly defining and communicating requirements.
• Build and maintain a strong relationship with third party warehouses.
• Own the annual physical inventory count, including developing work instructions, analyzing results, and reporting to senior leadership.
Strategically lead the Inventory function and drive continuous improvement.
• Be forward thinking and action oriented to propel process improvement.
• Demonstrate strong reporting and analytical skills, including publishing a monthly dashboard of Inventory KPI’s to senior leadership.
• Work with system teams to modify and advance SAP functionality, minimizing manual interventions.
• Be adaptable and relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
• Be a detail oriented, analytical thinker who can thrive in a fast paced environment.
Inspire, actively manage, and lead the Inventory team.
• Communicate clear priorities and required results; provide consistent support and regular feedback.
• Be motivational and lead by example.
Skills• Bachelor’s degree required: Accounting, Operations Management, or Supply Chain major preferred.
• 7+ years' inventory experience required.
• 5+ years' experience in a CPG company required.
• 2+ years' supervisory experience required.
• SAP experience required.
• Prior experience in month end close required.
• Strong working knowledge of Supply Chain processes.
• Strong communication skills to effectively liaise with 3PLs.
• Solutions oriented individual who can provide solutions/options to minimize impact and deliver results.
• Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• High level of aptitude for business math, numerical reasoning, and creative problem solving.
• Understanding of the end to end product flow inside a warehouse.
• Adaptable/flexible – able to multi-task and manage competing priorities effectively.
• Demonstrate follow-through capabilities.
• Strong leadership and communication skills with all levels of the organization.
• Highly analytic and detailed oriented while being able to incorporate into the “big picture”.
• Sense of urgency and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Makes the right decisions with long term, commercial thinking.
• Must have high level of integrity, professionalism and loyalty.
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.