- Salary will be based on experience and credentials.
- Creative, Marketing
- Chicago - USA
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our Commercial Center of Excellence for the Americas, reporting into the Sr. Social Strategist, working as part of the in-house creative team that develops content for the United States, Mexico, and Canada.
We are seeking a Jr. Social Strategist with experience in both social analytics and community management. This person will work across the Dyson portfolio of products which include vacuums, air purifiers, hair stylers, lighting, and more.
The role requires strong analytical skills, excellent communication between teams, and an interest in the technology, innovation, and social advertising worlds. A successful Jr. Social Strategist will smartly analyze social content performance and trends, using this knowledge to inform partners across the company.
The social strategist will work closely with the content strategist, content makers, writers, consumer insights, analytics experts, and category marketing teams to ensure that projects are executed efficiently and deliver the desired results.
- Use social listening platforms to create regular reports for different teams within the company. These reports will include metrics on content performance, conversation sentiment and trends, competitive intelligence, and more.
- Use social listening platforms to uncover social insights to include in briefs for creative assignments. These insights can come from investigating conversation themes around a particular topic area, identifying themes from influencer content, or #trending moments that the brand could leverage.
- Monitor social comments daily, working with customer care and creative teams to route and respond appropriately. Familiarity and comfort writing in a brand voice for social is key. Comfort publishing on social platforms is of utmost importance.
- Conduct audits examining Dyson content and the content published by our competitors. Have the ability to analyze a large volume of content and examine performance and messaging themes, identify any gaps or opportunities, and make recommendations based on findings.
- Guide creative content teams responsible for developing social content. Educate them on “best practices” for different social channels and content formats. Having an interest in new and emerging platforms and formats is critical.
- Work collaboratively with different teams across the US, Canada, Mexico, and in the UK. Ability to act as a consultant, working to understand the “why” behind the information they are seeking to get to clear findings and actionable recommendations.
- Maintain the Dyson brand in all of our social communications, working to protect our reputation and brand narrative on social.
- Be curious. About our business, about our technology, about our customers, about social trends and new content formats, etc. Curiosity and the ability to self-teach are critical for this role.
- 2-5 years working at an advertising, marketing, digital, or communications agency
- Bachelor of Arts / Science in advertising, communications, business, anthropology, psychology, sociology or a related discipline
- Knowledge of and experience using social listening and community management platforms such as Sprinklr, Crimson Hexagon, Radarly, etc.
- Experience in community management and/or writing for social
- Language: If you are conversational in Spanish and/or French - that is a big plus!
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.