- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore, Singapore - Singapore
As Cloud Developer, you will work on designing, developing and deploying Cloud Services for IoT solutions for the worldwide market. You would develop world class cloud services by working closely with other cross-site development centres. You will be working in a global multi-disciplinary team including mobile and cloud Developers, app and product UX/UI designers and electronics and mechanical engineers. You will often be collaborating with experts from different areas of RDD (Research, Design & Development) and different RDD sites (Malmesbury, Bristol and Shanghai) designing how connectivity is woven deeply into our products. You must be independent and methodical with excellent problem-solving skills. It is essential to be knowledgeable about the latest trends in connectivity and mobile technology and comfortable with rapidly picking up new technologies. A thirst to overcome problems and limitations in order to reach our vision is absolutely essential.
- Build technical relationships with the key IoT players and service providers design the technical integration designs between Dyson Link & 3rd party IoT ecosystem
- Design with scalability in mind
- Leveraging cloud computing services
- Building integrity in through excellent information flow
- Deliver World leading connected product experiences by
- Automating cloud deployments with zero downtime
- Building on and expanding our automated test suites
- Improving efficient and Eliminating waste
- Continuously Delivery and learning cycles
- Plan for capacity & availability
- Ensure our cloud systems meet customer response time availability expectations
- Ensure that load testing covers pinch points in the distributed architecture
- Advocate for capacity, availability and resiliency patterns
- Design & implementation
- Writing Java, C#, Node JS, Python – This is very much a hands-on coding role
- Advocate for design patterns and code quality
- Reducing technical debt with BDD and refactoring
- Applying domain driven design principles
- Working closely with App developers, Product Owners, Architects, Security & Operations
- Implement and communicate best practices
- Ensuring appropriate unit, integration, contract and acceptance testing is used
- Ensuring deployments and development tools are automated
- Promoting and expanding information radiators
- Develop cross-functional passionate “high velocity” teams
- Amplifying learning and empowering the team
- Evangelising about lean, XP and agile software methodologies
- Promoting code craftsmanship and clean code
- Coaching, mentoring and pairing
- Bachelor Degree or Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with others.
- A strong understanding of Agile product development.
- Able to take accountability for deliverables and focus on achieving them in a timely manner to the highest quality standards.
- Broad mobile development skills.