- Sales Account Management
- Dublin - Ireland
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
We're looking for a Key Account Executive to join our Key Accounts team. You’ll be supporting the Key Account Manager to drive profit growth in a leading retail account. You’ll have strong analytical skills, ingenuity and decisiveness to deliver insights and actions to drive the joint business forward.
About the role
Volume & P&L Targets
- Manage the regional Ireland customers to deliver against an agreed set of volume and value KPIs to achieve market share targets
- Develop an annual account plan that sets out the key strategic aims for Dyson and the retailer
- Agree, update, communicate and administer all areas of the promotional planning cycle
- Manage an A&P budget in line with forecasts and promotional activity
- Maintain customer forecast through the required tools (Anaplan) to ensure full visibility and accuracy of expected plans and sales
- Deliver an accurate 12-month rolling forecast that accounts for; sales trends, promotions, seasonality, distribution changes, NPD and product exits.
- Understand retailer profitability through the regular use of a margin tracker
In-store & Digital Execution
- Ensure all in-store and digital execution maximises the shopper experience and maps to the plans as determined with the customer
- Maximise shopper and consumer understanding through category management
- Communicate activity to the field regularly working with RDMs and BDM to ensure activation in retailers and within the Expert & Stylist population
- Use data regularly from the field reporting in Repsly to improve compliance and in store standards
- Provide the field with the necessary tools to guarantee high levels of execution
- Ensure that NPD roll out across the retailer is of a high standard
- Work with RDMs to continuously improve the shopper and consumer experience through ensuring 3P doors maintain SD compliance, in-store, on-line and in the ongoing training of 3P store-staff, attending meetings with RDMs both internally and externally as required
- WorkWith Digital Marketing Manager to ensure full SD compliance online and that all campaigns are executed to highest standard online
Compelling customer presentations
- Construct ‘Winning Customer proposals’ and deliver the Dyson agenda through all mediums and to all touchpoints within the customer
- Hold regular face to face meetings with all core contacts focusing on the retailer buying Team and covering all key aspects impacting the success of Dyson
- Organise and deliver Quarterly Business Reviews between senior personnel from the retailer, linking in to the Dyson team as appropriate, with an annual top2top with the senior retailer and Dyson team
- Work with internal departments to drive through agreed customer initiatives.
- Effectively manage a network of contacts within Dyson and the retailer across different functions, ensuring all cross functional links deliver against the required priorities
- Ensure Supply chain KPI’s and efficiencies are set and delivered against.
Annual Terms Negotiations
- Align the organisation to your account and negotiation objectives
- Work to achieve Pan European Pricing Terms within the retailer
- Communicate and deliver against an agreed timetable
Teamwork & People
- Lead through example and demonstrate leadership in all team meetings
- Coach and motivate less experienced Account Managers or Regional Development Managers
- As required deliver against any line management requirements, setting the agenda and targets with ongoing performance management as required
- Supporting the HoS, create a strategic plan for medium- and longer-term planning with your customers
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- As our Key Account Executive you will have a proven background in FMCG or consumer goods sales with proven experience of high level account negotiations
- You will have experience of building and negotiating joint business plans with retail customers
- Coming in to the role you will be able to demonstrate an entrepreneurial flair, with an eye for identifying sales and growth opportunities
- You'll be commercially minded and enjoy having high level strategic conversations, as well as being able to being able to operate in the detail
- As our National Account Executive you will be able to demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to closely with other departments
- You will be degree educated or equivalent
BenefitsExcellent overall benefits package including performance related bonus, pension and health insurance
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.