- Motors and Power Systems
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals for a permanent Motor Drives Engineer – Verification Test Development position in Malmesbury.
Being part of the team working on the Dyson Digital Motor, this role primarily supports the development of Dyson Digital Motors by creating automated verification processes. This involves the conceptualisation, design and implementation of measurement systems and test rigs using LabVIEW and a range of instrumentation and data acquisition devices.
Implemented verification systems can include the characterisation, test and analysis of motors, power electronic drives and control systems of Dyson Digital Motors. This is to ensure final products meet their performance specification before and during the active production lifecycle.
Based in Dyson’s RDD facility you will be joining the Dyson Digital Motor Drives (DDMD) team within the Dyson Global Electronics organisation. The DDMD team form part of the wider Motors and Power Systems Group and is a significant part of Dyson RDD with a growing team of more than 100 highly skilled engineers, scientists and technicians in its UK, Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines offices. The Group focuses on researching and developing cutting-edge electric motors, drives and control systems for integration into existing and future Dyson products from concept design to fully automated production.
- Working closely with the DDMD Team Lead, you will follow existing and create your own automated Test Methods for system characterisation and analysis such as control system validation, thermal mapping and user interaction of motors, power electronics and associated products as required.
- Provide status reporting of all assigned tasks against the time plan keeping the DDMD Lead up to date with progress and any issues that may have arisen.
- Generate high-quality test reports with all data and findings from all work undertaken.
- Work closely with the test and validation teams in Singapore and Philippines to develop test methods and ensure the correct operation of test equipment to ensure the accuracy and validity of testing.
- Be able to apply your skills to other areas of work and tasks within the business as may be required of you on occasion for the benefit of the wider team.
- This could include, but is not limited to, supplier liaison for issue resolution or audit, engineering design work, test rig building and production equipment commissioning.
This is what we need you to do
· Be a facilitator/creator of tools and systems for verification of DDM’s.
· Develop using LabVIEW and TestStand.
· Able to support existing test systems.
· Test Data Management.
These are the essential skills we need you to have
· An undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering or science based discipline.
· Proven experience with NI LabVIEW.
· Proven Experience of the design and implementation of automated test systems.
· Proficiency in using a range of data acquisition devices and instrumentation.
· Good organisational skills, able to handle a broad and complex workload.
· Clear, logical thought and a high attention to detail.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be flexible and open-minded and be able to respond quickly to changes in project priorities.
- Be able to demonstrate sound theoretical knowledge, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Proactive and persistent nature demonstrated by an inquisitive approach.
- Be highly self-motivated and self-reliant with enthusiasm for motors, power systems and Dyson products.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
These skills are desirable but not essential
· At least a ‘Certified LabVIEW Developer’
· Experience with NI TestStand.
· Familiarity of microcontroller development (e.g. C/C++, Arduino, etc)
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discounts on Dyson machines