- Claims and Insights
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Exciting opportunities for Claims Manager and Senior Claims Mangers roles at Dyson. We are looking for someone with science and engineering background to take on the next challenge and be part of the Claims, Standards and Insight team. The candidate needs to be/show:
· Degree-qualified scientist or engineer in relevant subject area; ideally have 3-5 years of industrial claims experience in health and beauty area
· Scrupulous attention to, and appetite for, detail
· Technical expertise and the ability to understand the impact of regulations or new test metrics on our claims
· Demonstrable analytical prowess - able to scrutinise claims and copy and identify subtleties, flaws and inferences that might enable others to challenge the validity of Dyson advertising
· Engaging, showing exceptional communication skills to influence diverse audiences and bring clarity where confusion reigns
· Strategic thinking to identify opportunities and develop new test methods that will benefit our product categories and may influence consumer magazines and standards bodies
- Self-starter able to pick things up and happy to explore opportunities without a rigid framework and prioritise.
· The ability to see connections between internal technical developments, standards and current legal challenges – both inbound and outbound
- Flexible - willing to take on new challenges. Open minded and not wedded to traditional ways of doing things. Must be able to nurture relationships with markets and be empathetic to their position whilst promoting best practice/ Dyson policy.
- A stickler for detail as well as being able to look at the bigger picture.
- Be responsible for leading a team of Claims Managers for the Dyson categories.
- Be responsible for all claims, methods, testing and evidence for one or more Dyson product categories. Build expertise in those categories, know the technology.
- Develop the claim substantiation strategy for each project from early milestones and work with RDD to tune product specs and validate suitable test methods
- Represent Dyson at International Standards working groups such as IEC or ASTM. Formulate and agree Dyson position on individual issues with Principal Standards Manager/RDD specialist teams. Use RDD resource to generate data for meetings to qualify our position.
- Assist local markets in designing region-specific research with local partner organisations to facilitate new product endorsement/advocacy or novel claims
- Attend product launches to present new Dyson technology to the media, conduct interviews and train local marketing teams on product detail and claims
- Coach commercial managers in local advertising law requirements, and limitations and constraints on substantiation and subsequent claim language
- Horizon-scan for opportunities for new endorsement partners/schemes or Dyson product advocates. Identify credible partners and develop scheme structure, negotiate costs, and build in stretching targets to ideally secure exclusivity for Dyson
- Identify and commission external test houses capable of running standard tests and bespoke methods as new product categories come online. Develop working practices, including job tracking and test scheduling and ensure timely, cost-effective and accurate delivery of reports
- Attend calls and meetings with external legal counsel to explain complex detail of Dyson technologies, test methods and comparative data that supports our claims prior to launch or in defence of challenges
- Represent Dyson as expert technical witness in court or depositions
- Attend weekly category cross-team meetings with senior managers to represent CSI issues and opinion
- Attend senior management reviews to provide testing and standards insight and to challenge their opinion/suggestions
- Good numeracy skills and demonstrable ability to analyse data.
- Resourceful, bright and engaging. Can devise creative ways to deliver potentially ‘dull’ or ‘complicated’ technical detail to a broad range of customers.
• Working knowledge and experience of domestic appliances or expertise in specific components/areas thereof would be a distinct advantage
- Good at identifying key themes and opportunities and at the right time narrowing down and polishing ideas.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in science and engineering
- Excellent prioritisation skills and being able to say ‘no’ to people in high pressure environments
- Excellent organisational and planning skills – able to work with and communicate across all levels of the business.
- Professional/discreet/loyal and diligent/conscientious
- Adaptable – able to hold their own in a wide range of meetings and scenarios
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint/presentation skills advantageous.
Educated to degree level in a science or engineering discipline
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines