- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Your work supports the activities of the Legal team, Commercial teams and Dyson markets, and throughout RDD (depending on specifics of categories in scope). You are likely to have line management duties (although not guaranteed in all cases) and are expected to contribute to incoming and outgoing litigation.
AccountabilitiesTesting and market coverage
- Use a combination of the correct information processes and your own research to identify competitor products which require testing to deepen knowledge and provide necessary coverage for superiority positioning.
- Ensure product testing is prioritised and logistically organised using department processes, in collaboration with the team coordinator. Steps include but are not limited to: purchase and shipping of the identified competitor machines, management of testing with the relevant Dyson site and/or third party test facilities.
- Liaise with the team coordinator and support this role in prioritisation discussions, as required, to ensure that the testing plan runs to schedule (you will make judgement calls on prioritisation conflicts, and manage with stakeholders accordingly).
- Analyse test results and report back to stakeholder groups as appropriate. Use the data in the development of deeper competitor intelligence.
- Ensure evidence from the full mix of the competitor’s marketing assets is collected and stored in line with provided software tools and/or data storage practices. Sources for this need to be regularly checked for potential changes.
- Respond to requests for contextual understanding of a claim or actual test result, such as vs. Dyson performance, set against market wide data, etc.
- You can be relied upon to interact with our external lawyers on a particular case, to help explain the product feature of technical aspects with or without presence of the internal lawyer assigned to the case.
- Track key competitors through a variety of sources, not limited to desk research. There are opportunities to visit overseas markets and in-store research can be included in such visits, but non-domestic research will be reliant upon establishing rapport and good links with colleagues across Dyson markets.
- You may form closer partnerships with specific markets, and to this end you will form a supply and demand relationship for information gathering and intelligence sharing, as may support the market’s business strategy as well as Group priorities.
- Attend key trade shows and alert stakeholders to key findings.
- Liaise with Competitor Intelligence Manager and your colleagues for further information and tools that will deepen your knowledge on specific category and market trends.
Competitor Intelligence sharing
- You will prepare and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences and convey intelligence with confidence, and be able to respond in often challenging time circumstances.
- You will hold ad hoc interactions with senior business leaders and will have a routine for guidance, depending on whether questions are on areas of your knowledge, or outside of it.
- You will demonstrate a wide array of products and related resources and make connections with technologies of interest or wider trends in the category as well as contentious issues and litigation.
- Leadership within the structure of Competitor Analysts and Senior Competitor Analysts is likely although not guaranteed. To that end you will need to follow the wide range of People Manager processes, guidelines and best practice, to help ensure Engagement for your reports as well as them delivering on expectations.
- Regardless of specific line management, your role is a senior one within the team and you will be expected to be a standard bearer for the Dyson Behaviours.
- There is a variety of opportunities to enrich your role as well as ad hoc jobs that need to be done to keep the team running smoothly.
- You will need to support the process to ensure purchased goods are set on the correct logistics path for testing and/or review; we do not expect our coordinator to do this solo. In the same spirit you will need to move your machines of interest from location to location, with help from the team, whom you would also help from time to time.
- You will need to keep your competitor machines and other items of interest, and their storage facilities, managed in line with site guidelines for H&S, Fire Safety and sustainability.
- Contribute to improvement projects, IT new tool developments that are relevant to your objectives as required.
- You will have opportunities to volunteer for other projects that are manageable in line with your regular objectives.
- You will have a well-developed knowledge of Dyson test methods and the applicable International standards in the scope of your work to understand impact of work requested, and to have an eye on the quality control of incoming test reports.
- You will be proven in having a proactive approach to partnering with legal professionals to support on projects often at short notice.
- You will have a confident knowledge of marketing language and aspects of lookalike product design that may be contentious and as such need to be flagged to leadership within the team, and onward to appropriate Legal teams.
- You will be known for your strength in deriving intelligence from a set of data inputs into a variety of formats (both proactively determined, and responding to specific requests) and to check in with team leadership as required for alignment, and before surprises are shared with stakeholders.
- Able to generate sophisticated content for a full array of intelligence sharing outlets, with leading speed and efficiency. You lead in seeking opportunities to enhance them, or develop better ways in collaboration with others.
- You will be expected to contribute to the team’s Board report.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.