- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson we challenge convention, continually experiment and see opportunities where others see problems. The way we produce content is no different – we’ve always set ourselves the challenge of using innovative approaches that others wouldn’t think of. This is a continual focus as our competitors get better and faster at copying us, so trying new things is an ingrained way of working and culture.
As part of a small re-structure in the Production team two new roles have arisen, one (this role) focused on Content (Film and Social). The other role (a peer to this position) focuses on TV Advertising. Both reporting to the Head of Production within the wider Planning & Operations team.
The Lead Producer (LP) is responsible for all of Dysons film & social productions globally focused on either Campaigns or NPD’s (new product development launches) either produced in the internal studio facility or externally.Coverage will span from initial brief through to final delivery managing all aspects to ensure Dyson maintains high production values in the final delivery – breaking through boundaries for the best end product, keeping Dyson ahead of the competition.
Within this role the LP will provide leadership and management for his or her team of social and film producers, whilst also producing as well. It’s estimated to be a 70/30 split (70% of the time producing projects). The LP must work closely with film makers, directors and content makers - providing production leadership and support, ensuring all projects run smoothly, effectively, within budget and to schedule.
· Provide upstream production consultancy with mid and senior stakeholders across creative, commercial and programme management teams to influence process, shooting methods and best use of adapting existing content. As part of this steering a view of what the brief & specification will contain.
· Influencing technical delivery methods at the earliest points in the process to direct the project delivery process, using credible approaches based on line-production experience and what can work for Dyson in a given scenario. Working alongside the internal film-making team on external projects, providing strategic-operational input across infrastructure and resource planning as required. Influence at all levels within the organisation; build strong, productive collaborative relationships to get things done in the right way inspiring the immediate team and others on the best use of behaviors.
· Drive innovation into the creative production process using experience and external influences to collaboratively shape the inputs into how we produce content today and tomorrow.
· Lead and manage team of producers ensuring clear direction and support to drive a consistent high-quality output and stakeholder service experience. Taking time to understand the team’s development needs and aligning them with the overall team requirements and wider business objectives. Managing on a daily basis, steering individuals around project risks and best ways to mitigate and communicate actions. Plan and organise the team’s workloads ensuring individuals are briefed thoroughly, deadlines are agreed and the team are well utilised across the board.
· Provide effective cross-channel and cross-market integration of video assets required for launch and to ensure global synergy, relevance and continuity.
· Work closely with the Film makers / Directors / Social content Strategists and Designers to provide production support, keeping them up-to-date with appropriate information and to ensure all projects run smoothly, efficiently and to schedule.
· Build strong relationship with RDD (Dysons internal product engineering team), organise access and testing where appropriate and assist with RDD filming assignments.
· Work in conjunction with the Imagery team to develop impactful animations and or virtual assets for integration into film content, ensuring consistent look and feel across campaign and channels.
· Collaborate with Commercial Communications teams to keep informed of messaging across all markets and products and to provide creative solutions to present global messaging throughout the production of films and social content - adapting creative communications accordingly to include product and performance variations, local legal requirements and market specific strategies.
· Instigate and or attend regular project cross functional meetings with key stakeholders to keep them abreast of project progress.
· Fully integrate all aspects of the business in Group Commercial functions (creative, retail, digital, PR and advertising) and incorporate their respective film needs into the planning and production of final video assets. Have a sound knowledge and expertise of these channels to be able to advise and direct channels on strategy and to ensure they receive tailored and impactful video content.
· Identify continuous improvements and cost reductions in filming through careful cost negotiation, detailed planning and analysis of wider filming requirements to ensure efficiencies are made and scalability is accounted for.
· Always assessing risk from multiple angles across the overall process ensuring team members are safe and Dyson is protected against any potential risks.
· Ensure work is carried out to high quality and inconsistencies are addressed to provide uniformity throughout all content. Have a good eye for detail, ensuring the quality and accuracy of all materials prior to presentation either internally or externally. Ensure all appropriate approvals are sought and given prior to the releasing or publishing of any work.
· Reviewing existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers where required to support internal productions working with Legal and Procurement teams to negotiate agree service contracts.
· Develops a full understanding of Dyson’s financial systems, taking specific responsibility for approving the team’s financial needs and requests.
- Leadership and management of production teams
- Proven success and experience in line-producing to the highest industry standards
- Strong team player – approachable, supportive using great behaviors
- Influencing skills ability to lead and drive better ways to deliver
- Development champion for individuals and overall team
- Emotionally Intelligent with a strong sense of self-awareness
- A keen interest / passion in making content in and outside of the workplace
- Solid understanding of CGI
- Project management and production skill set
- Purchasing and negotiating skills - specifically in relation to all production line-items
- Pragmatic and decisive – be able to respond to creative, technical and decision-making challenges (filming and editing) with speed and accuracy and deliver effective solutions
- Energetic, engaging, confident and positive
- Multi tasker – be able to juggle priorities across multiple needs
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines