- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle. The team provides control and stability, which enables our family-owned business to be agile, adapt to constant change and focus on growth.
About the role
- Cost Reporting – to be a leading member of the team, working collaboratively with key stakeholders to fully understand the project spec/offering, tracking and monitoring the project cost closely to meet the target and budget cost setting for the project, actively involved in project review, align and communicate project cost status/progress outside of the team, building new project BOM’s for new category and higher complexity projects with Business Target alignment.
- Cost Analysis - Complete in depth analysis of new product costs including risks/opportunities and reasons for cost movements for month to month and also construct comparisons of product ranges and individual projects alike, in order to identify key variances of the projects allocated and prepare for the cost variance analysis to drive for product costs reasonableness and further costs savings opportunities (if any).
- Cost Challenge - Understand the cost inputs from key stakeholders and be able to challenge when the information doesn’t demonstrate the required level of detail and always be alert and have sense of cost impact to the projects with further investigation (if needed) to understand the reason/justification re the cost movements from the key stakeholders.
- SOP BOM Cost Approval - Review and approve SOP MBOM submitted by CMs when it is transitioned to actual production to ensure the reasonableness of the product costs.
- Cost Budgeting - support and assist Cost Manager on annual cost budgeting process re new Matrix Coding creation with corresponding Budget DDU estimation per new product ranges to be launched in markets per alignment with RDD, Procurement, Commercial & Category Commercial Finance.
- Budget Code/DDU assigning - monthly review & assign Matrix code & Budget DDU to new SKU per its offerings in the SKU Tracker update to enable monthly product costing run across the legal entities and facilitate PO creation in S4.
- Ownership: Manage Product Costing at early stage
- Coordinate: Follow ups closely and keep tracks on deadlines with Internal & External Stakeholders
- Adherence to team process of reporting and storage of data. To follow correct process and accuracy of reporting.
- Drive to understand all aspects of the operations of Dyson Group.
- Diplomatic when presenting costs while remaining robust under challenge from teams.
- Inquisitive nature to better understand engineering and part level detail of project costs, to question and raise concerns over assumptions.
- Cost Budget process/SOP BOM approvals: Liaise and work closely with respective skate holders and CMs to timely review & align.
- Degree in Finance/ Business Admin /Accounting.
- 3-4 years of experience in Finance environment.
- Experience of product costing is advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Confidence to work autonomously to deliver high quality results
- Proactive approach to problem solving and promote this within the Team
- Able to develop relationships across all areas of the business
- Intermediate proficiency on MS Excel- in V-look Up
- Attention to details and meticulous with numbers
- English Proficiency
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.