- $ Competitive
- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
Reporting to the Data Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for
- Leading a team focused on shaping Dyson's data platform by ingesting, modelling, and enriching data across AWS and GCP data platforms.
- Leverage the latest cloud technologies and tools.
- Ensuring that data is ingested and analysed in a secure, efficient, and well-governed manner. Ingesting new data sources, writing data pipelines, and transforming and enriching it using the most efficient methods.
- Working with data from any source, understanding the best way to serve it up at scale to a global audience.
- Mentoring data engineers, either onshore or offshore, and ensuring the quality of their work.
- Translating business requirements into technical instructions for data engineers.
- Working closely with data architects on the team to build an integrated, performant solution.
- Demonstrating thought leadership in the data engineering arena; constantly improving.
- Taking a pragmatic stance with regards to resource constraints; thinking innovatively.
- Ability to write and deploy production level code, preferably in an CI/CD fashion.
- Experience with data lakes and data warehouses, preferably on AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Good knowledge of writing performant, optimized SQL, Python, Airflow, DataFlow and Spark.
- Proven ability to manage talent, consistently nurturing and motivating your team.
- One or more analytical solutions such as BigQuery, Athena, Redshift, Impala or Snowflake.
- Containers technology including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Hadoop distribution.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Possess Strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate technical matters to stakeholders.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.