- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Dyson is offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electronics Lead Engineer to work with us in Malaysia. The role will be based in Dyson’s Malaysia Development Centre.
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
GEHW (Global Electronics Hardware) in RDD are at the core of electronics development & product delivery, and as the company has grown and diversified an opportunity has opened for a motivated and experienced engineer to join Hardware Design and Integration team which responsible for the development of Electronics solution across different category of Dyson Products.
The team is expanding this year to meet demand for current scheduled projects and the Lead Electronics Engineer role is required to specially to focus on delivery of electronics solution for Dyson Lighting and Professional product.
Hardware Design and integration team involvement in the project largely for bringing project to SOP, working closely with Dyson UK HW design team in early design & development phase, responsible for various HW PCBA design as well as ensuring the integration of all the HW PCBA in the product with its harnesses meet safety and pre-EMC compliance as the main task/responsibilities.
About the role
- Design, develop and implement specific solution for home appliances products using a range of electronics technologies
- Ensure design solutions meet product specifications and functional requirements (performance, reliability, DFM, cost and serviceability, compliance with international regulatory standards e.g. IEC, UL and EMC)
- Prototypes and implements new product design including analog and digital hardware and embedded software
- Produce detailed engineering materials including design schematics, PCB layout, Tolerance analysis, design notes, FMEA, Failure analysis report and technical review documents.
- Actively collaborate with other function teams (motor, energy storage, mechanical, compliance, Embedded Software, test team) to ensure product and system requirements are fully met
- Actively involved in design reviews and identify potential technical risks with proposed mitigations, able to lead the investigation to proactively solve complex problems
- Lead the overall hardware development of a product/category, and drive the team of a small number of hardware engineers to achieve the desired outcome
- Responsible for the management of the team’s plans to deliver to project deadlines
- Provide technical coaching and design guidance to engineers
- Involved in electronics development process improvement activities
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication ) or equivalent.
- At least minimum 5 – 6 years’ experience, preferably personnel specializing in Engineering, particularly in design and development of Electronics Hardware Circuits and Systems
- Expected experience of leading a small team for electronics development in RDD environment
- Design knowledge and experience in major aspect of Electronics: Power Electronics, Motor control, Analogue, Digital and sensing technology with its interfacing (magnetic, optics, etc. )
- Have understanding on Embedded microcontroller-based platforms, such as 8-bit/16-bit ARM Cortex microcontrollers
- Working Knowledge of Schematic capture, PCB layout software such as Mentor Graphics
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations, tolerance analysis and documentation
- Sound Knowledge in Home Appliance Safety Requirement / Standard will be an advantage
- Full PDLC management experience/track record
- Experience in EMC troubleshooting is essential
- Knowledge in Wiring design will be an advantage
- Experience is Design QA, DFM, DFX, DFMEA is essential
- Capable to deliver high quality results within tight time deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and effectively as a team.
- Highly motivated person with good communication skills and able to work within a team
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results
- Possess a strong command of written and spoken English
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.