- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic, but most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the roleResponsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement specific solution for home appliances products using a range of electronics technologies
- Ensure design solutions meet product specifications and functional requirements (performance, reliability, DFM, cost and serviceability, compliance with international regulatory standards e.g. IEC, UL and EMC)
- Prototypes and implements new product design including analog and digital hardware and embedded software
- Produce detailed engineering materials including design schematics, PCB layout, Tolerance analysis, design notes, FMEA, Failure analysis report and technical review documents.
- Work with motor, mechanical, approval and test engineers to ensure product and system requirements are fully met.
- Assist manufacturing engineers to achieve design for manufacturer concept and optimal for high volume production environment
- Identify and warn of technical risks throughout the product life cycle. Investigate these risks through to resolution with testing and analysis as required
- Develop test methodology and conduct/drive electronics design verification & product validation test.
- Support reliability and quality engineers in field return analysis, quality and reliability improvement
- Involve in supplier audit to qualify and manage electronic components.
- Drive suppliers and contract manufacturer’s production process to meets Dyson requirements.
- Involve in electronics development process improvement activities
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication) or equivalent.
- At least minimum 3 years experience preferably personnel specializing in design and development of Electronics hardware circuits and system
- Design knowledge and experience in any of major aspect in Electronics such as Power Electronics, Motor control, Analogue, Digital and sensing technology with its interfacing (magnetic, optics, etc) is preferred
- Have understanding on Embedded microcontroller based platforms, such as 8-bit/16-bit/ ARM Cortex microcontrollers would be an advantage
- Working Knowledge of Schematic capture, PCB layout software, such as Mentor Graphics
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations, tolerance analysis and documentation
- Sound Knowledge in Home Appliance Safety Requirement / Standard will be an advantage
- Full PDLC management experience/track record
- Experience in EMC troubleshooting will be an advantage
- Knowledge in Wiring design will be an advantage
- Experience is Design QA, DFM, DFX, DFMEA would be an advantage
- Capable to deliver high quality results within tight time deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and effectively as a team.
- Highly motivated person with good communication skills and able to work within a team
- Independent, Integrity and self driven with a strong focus on results
- Possess a strong command of written and spoken English
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.