- Singapore - Singapore
Category finance teams work as finance business partners for Category leadership. We support development and delivery of Dyson’s financial plans by providing financial decision support throughout the product lifecycle: design-development-launch-sale-end of life. This involves product focussed commercial financial planning and analysis, the management of business cases for Research, Design & Development (RDD) projects, and planning and control of Category RDD & Operations budgets.
We are an adaptable team that provides key financial insights to the wider business, reacting to the needs and requirements as they evolve. The team translates often complex commercial objectives and engineering challenges into a business case format, accounting for all relevant information. The magic begins when we communicate these often-complex models back to the relevant business stakeholders in an easily understandable language.
About the roleAs the Lead Finance Analyst of the Floorcare Category Finance team you will be the primary support for data analysis and the preparation of the monthly performance reports. You will also be assisting in business case development and governance as well as any business partnering associated with Category business cases.As the Finance Analyst of the Floorcare Category Finance team you will be the primary support for data analysis and the preparation of the monthly performance reports to RDD Category Leaders and Commercial Category leaders to ensure strong financial rigour are applied to key decision making. Working with different functions across the business to obtain insights supporting the data analysis, this is a highly visible role that represents a great opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of Dyson.
You will also be supporting the creation, development and governance of financial business cases Category projects. This includes preparation and updating of the business cases, analysis around changes in financial health of business cases and contributing to overall cross-Category finance business case process improvement projects. As well as ensuring the reporting is uniform and consistent the analyst should always be questioning assumptions made and information given.
At Dyson we never settle, if something can be done more effectively then this should be proposed and implemented if appropriate. Financial information should be effectively communicated to the wider business. Business partnering with all relevant teams to ensure business cases are up-to-date and wider teams are supported with all relevant information.
Primary role duties
- Prepare monthly financial management analysis for pack to floorcare team on an accurate and timely basis.
- Maintain product profitability data and analyse future & in life product range profitability to drive category performance
- Provide product profitability analysis to support optimising supply allocations.
- Provide SKU profitability analysis to support category efficiency
- Work on ad hoc and value add projects across the floorcare finance function.
- Prepare of business cases templates for new and on-going projects
- Provide up-to-date, relevant and accurate data assumptions for the business cases
- Assist in monthly Finance Health Check reviews
- Represent finance in project “milestone” meetings
Secondary/additional role duties
- Lead or support cross-category financial business case process improvement projects where relevant.
- Provide visibility to other members of the Category finance team of targets and guidance arising from business case reviews that are relevant to their roles.
- Business partner with relevant parties
- Complete data analysis, scenario modelling and supporting monthly preparation of performance reports
- Search for opportunities to improve the way of working and the information presented
- A globally recognised professional accounting qualification, e.g. CPA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.
- Experience in rigorous financial planning, analysis and/or strategy experience
- Excellent analytical ability and Excel spreadsheet skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly and model data in meaningful ways
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Good communication skills with the ability to present Financial information accessible to non-Financial stakeholders
- Team player with a positive, ‘will do’ attitude and a flexible yet disciplined approach
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise workload and to work to strict reporting deadlines
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.