- Cologne - Germany
The DACH region has been a key source of growth within the EMEA region in the past years and as these markets grow and reach higher levels of maturity, cost control becomes more and more crucial and a key strategic priority in the business plan for 2021 and beyond.
The Senior Financial Analyst will play an essential role in making sure that this journey continues. The role has significant exposure to senior leadership in DACH markets and EMEA HQ – particularly to the country finance managers. Main role will be to collaborate with the key members of the management team members to drive tighter cost controls and deliver strategic cost leadership and improve profitability.
About the role
Deliver cost leadership for the overheads and logistics areas in Austria (AT) and Switzerland (CH)
· Own the forecasting / budgeting of logistics and overhead costs E2E from alignment with management to loading in the systems.
· Partner with FCoE (Shared Service Centre) to develop a detailed understanding of all overhead / logistic costs and establish the right controls around them.
· Understanding actuals and conduct variance analysis vs budget and forecast for all different parts of overhead costs including stores, office, repair and contact centre.
- Make sure all costs are captured in the right channel so that effective profitability tracking is possible
- Play an important role in the month-end and year-end processes by providing monthly estimates prior to close as well as ensuring that the right accruals are made
Business Partnering with AT and CH Management teams
· Be the go-to person for all overhead/logistics related topics for the country finance managers and the broader management team
· Drive clarity and accountability on overheads budgets across the management teams
· Ensure the members of the management team are well prepared to discuss the performance in the monthly reviews
· Enable right decision making on overheads costs.
· Min 3 years of experience of working in a high performing organization ideally in the Retail or FMCG industry
· Commercial Finance / Business partnering experience
· Expertise in P&L management and can demonstrate financial expertise
· Business or Economics Degree
· Strategic planning capability
· High level of communication skills - both verbal and written
· Influencing skills
· Energetic, engaging and positive approach to motivate teams
· Results driven
· Self-starter who sees things to completion
· Calm, logical, comfortable with all levels
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised sport activities
- Discounted Dyson machines
- Corporate Benefits
- On-site parking
- Fare Subsidy for local public transport or on-site parking
- Flexible working hours
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.