- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleYou will be part of the Group Finance Team for Global Overheads and ZBB based in Singapore Dyson HQ and reporting to the Senior Finance Manager for ZBB Implementation. ZBB is a strategically significant project at Dyson that involves substantial change to Dyson’s approach to planning, execution, forecasting & control of Overheads. It will enable a granular understanding of our cost base through the implementation of new ways of working, systems & processes. This will be built on top of a “Value Targeting” approach, finding efficient, effective and agile savings opportunities across a variety of cost segments (from Marketing to IT & Facilities) to help reset our baseline spend to levels comparable with our organisational peer-group.
Strong Financially Oriented Analyst, with a focus on finding the most valuable opportunities across global overheads, using financial & operational metrics to drive cost savings. The role is a mix of internal consultancy & finance. It combines astute detailed analysis under time pressure with an ability to zoom out & present the most pertinent points calmly & credibly. It requires strong stakeholder management across finance & non-financial functions at all levels. You’ll need to be ready to learn, with a willingness to embrace challenges and to be an advocate for efficiency at Dyson in the process.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Support ZBB implementation, critical to realising significant global savings over FY21-23
- Support the design, setup and operationalisation of ZBB governance
- Support value targeting completion for remaining overheads segments
- Support the shaping and drive “Value-Add” sessions with cost segment teams / function / markets stakeholders to identify additional savings initiatives identification and provide business case solution support
- Support creation of key principles / guardrails for ZBB
- Support ZBB exec-reporting and ad-hoc analysis / reporting for cost segments
- Provide high calibre analysis of the operational & financial aspects of many areas of the business, from Marketing & Logistics, to IT & Travel.
- You’ll be required to learn different business areas fast, find operational / financial issues & propose solutions while communicating sensitively to the teams that are responsible.
- Ensure Initiatives are analysed consistently, and apply a standard method for de-duplication of opportunities across all streams
- Support reviews with executive board, CFO, CSO & Market Teams
About youKey Competencies & Qualifications:
- Highly competent with Excel including data manipulation, building reports using pivot tables, lookups etc.
- Ability to analyse data and trends, picking out the most important parts from large data sets
- strong communications and interpersonal skills to influence key decision makers
- Curiosity and problem-solving skills, with determination and perseverance to question current practices & keep an open but logical mind to the responses
- Ability to work cross functionally, across time zones and cultures
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Significant Analytical experience, including but not limited to CA / CPA Qualifications
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.