- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our engineering approach starts with different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way. Today we employ more than 5,800 people around the world in software engineering, mechanical engineering and science-related roles.
About the roleThis is an exciting opportunity to be part of the robotics team at Dyson. Your role will be in a scrum team that focuses on high-level platform for our current and next generation of robotics products.
The high level platform uses an x86-based Yocto build of Linux and runs on in house designed PCBs. It interfaces to our navigational software (Linux applications) & the low level platform which is focused on real time control (Embedded C & Real time OS).
As an agile team we aim to deliver shippable software at the end of each sprint, so being prepared to develop and test software where needed is essential. Our definition of done spans low-level design, development, unit test, software test, integration and regression test. As a lead engineer you should be comfortable working independently, taking initiative and leading solutions.
- Scrum agile experience
- C++ experience (C++ 11) and Python
- CppUnit like automated unit test experience
- Linux User space development and debugging
- Version control (preferably git)
- Google Test
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience
- Use of Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo etc.)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.