- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Motors and Power Systems
- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleThis is a key role in the Dyson Operations Motor Drives & Advanced Control team within RDD and is an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineer who would like to take on additional responsibility. He/She will champion and work with NPI/SOP project team to craft engineering solutions for production and troubleshoot reliability issues with the Dyson products (i.e. Dyson Digital Motor & etc.).
- Lead integration engineer is responsible to lead a team (hardware & software) to realize the system integration per project hardware and software.
- Prepare the motor drives project plan and obtain management approval of the project plan.
- Responsible for day to day project development management and execution of project deliverables in accordance to each project stage.
- Ensure that all team members (Hardware/Software) understand their roles and accept their responsibilities.
- Analyze risk and instigate avoidance activities. Establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective action.
- Track and report on progress to plan.
- Analyze the actual performance against the project plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
- Ensures deadlines are met by participating in effectively planning, organizing, prioritizing, and delegating assignments to project team members and following up on their individual progress.
- Conducts regular project status/quality meetings and reports (dashboard). Keeps management and key stakeholders well informed on a timely basis on project progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment.
- Keep all stakeholders informed of progress and issues.
- Involve functional expertise in design reviews and key decisions as well as risk strategies.
- Assure timely adaptive action is taken.
- Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities.
- Coordinate in collaboration between software and hardware within the project team and technical decisions.
- Arbitrate and resolve conflict and interface problems within the project team.
- Lead and ensure delivery of all project related documentation according to the project RACI matrix.
- Responsible for clear communication of assembly and project status, ensuring the relevant risks and priorities are clearly communicated to the Engineering Managers, Design Manager, and Category Lead.
- Review all relevant status prior to project transfer to ensure engineering and timing risks are identified at the point of transfer & create motor drives project schedule and review the progress from time to time to make sure meeting of target milestone.
- Responsible for the management of the team’s plans to deliver to project deadlines, review and tracking activities against plan.
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Communication) or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of working experience in the operation of basic power electronics, motor control, battery management, analogue, digital and sensing technology with its interfacing (i.e. magnetic, optics, etc.).
- Preferably at least 5 years of working experience in RDD electronic industry and automation with a proven track record of professional approach to solving engineering problems.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Strong familiarity and experience with the project management such as software tools, methodologies and best practices.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Familiar with the 6 Sigma concept and analysis tools (i.e. Minitab).
- Familiar with the common automation software (i.e. LabView, MATLAB & etc.) and hardware development platforms such as National Instruments, Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Ability to travel.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.