- Manufacturing and tooling
- Singapore - Singapore
About the role
- Lead the manufacturing process development of complex new category processes in a structured way that complies with necessary regulatory requirements and maintain documentation evidences of each section, achieving required milestone maturity at a given cost and timeline.
- Lead the development of high performing Engineers within departments through coaching, training and engaging team members through effective cascading of goals and effective communication.
- Develop a culture of good Engineering practice and continuous improvement.
- Play an active part to provide leadership within the ME department. To create and maintain a culture of high standards to meet the vision and mission of the ME department.
- Proactively identifying technical risks within projects and influencing design teams in their resolution, often taking the lead in the design and testing of the engineering solution
- Driver for DFM and DFX to ensure product can be manufactured and assembled to the highest quality levels.
- Lead the team in working with suppliers to conduct Equipment FMEA to deliver solutions that are robust and mistake proof.
- Lead the team in establishing process validation protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ), work with supplier and CM to commission, and validate the production equipment.
- Run experiments to define process margins using DOE.
- Setup process monitoring in line with quality expectations; using key tools like SPC.
- Maintain communication and status update to stakeholders.
- Problem solving and root cause analysis of product failures.
- Process optimization through breakthrough engineering solutions.
- At least possess Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Communications, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- A strong people leader.
- Experience in developing and managing expenses and capital budgets
- Ideally have experience of working in regulated industry(s)
- Experience of working under ISO 13485 and ISO 14971 is desired (not essential)
- Experience in process validation, URS, DS, FS along with IQ/OQ/PQ.
- At least 7-10 years of relevant experience in design and fabrication of automated or semi-automated production equipment.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in medical devices manufacturing or working within a regulated environment.
- Have conducted extensive process characterisation work using DOE.
- Has operated in an out sourced environment; understanding the challenges and pit falls.
- Process Control design and implementation.
- Statistical tools application (Minitab).
- Familiar with the rigor of NPI phases and milestones.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.