- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson are a company renowned for our engineering prowess. We have recently embarked on a range of internet connected products including our 360 Eye™ robot vacuum cleaner and Pure Cool Link™ purifier. Our mobile app, Dyson Link, is one of the key components in providing greater intelligence, understanding, and control to our connected devices.
We are passionate about building a mobile app that matches the same high standards as the rest of Dyson’s engineering team.
The mobile team responsible for working on this platform operate across four sites including Bristol and Malmesbury in the UK as well as Singapore and Shanghai. This role is based at our Technology hub in Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
We are looking for a mobile developer with proven experience and a passion for Computer Science. Someone fluent in algorithms and design patterns, and comfortable in both functional programming and object-oriented worlds. This person will have been a key member of a team delivering software effectively using an agile framework such as SCRUM, and will understand how to inspire a team to enjoy creating high-quality, unit-tested code.
- Designing, architecting and developing features for Dyson Link, ensuring they are robust, scalable and easy to use
- Line managing a team of mobile developers
- Work with wider team of TPOs, Scrum Masters, Cloud developers, testers, UX/UI, electronic and embedded engineers
- Help mentor other members of the team
- Identify new technologies and tools to continually improve standards
- Native mobile development in iOS and Android (Swift, Java, Kotlin, Objective-C)
- Strong knowledge of Reactive functional programming (RxSwift, RxJava, etc)
- Proven ability to design and architect mobile apps, ideally with IoT experience
- Proven experience of leading and managing developers in a mature Agile environment
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines